Clearwater Dive - Mexican Pride

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jviehe

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am looking to set up a advanced dive to the Mexican Pride, a barge sunk off Clearwater in 130fsw. The date and price is as yet undetermined, but the latest we could go would be late november, early december, and the price will likely be around $100-$150 for a 2 tank dive. I have spoken to Captain Mac of http://www.reeftours.com and discussed some basic aspects of the dive. Divers would be required to use nitrox, and the captain said computer also, but I dont think that would be case in the end. Unless you cut your own tables, it is recommended.

He also said that using a single set of doubles would be fine, and if self sufficient, deco dives would be possible. This would be a 2 tank dive, with either 2 tanks on the Pride, or 1 on the pride, and 1 on a shallower wreck, the Blackthorn. The pride dives will average 100ft depth, with a bottom of 130.

Macs boat can hold up to 10 divers, and possibly 12. I would be going along with at least one buddy, so Im looking for 8 divers seriously interested, and who could committ to payment by the end of October.

Again, this is an advanced dive, so AOW cert or deep experience is required, as is nitrox cert.

Here is some info on the wreck. http://www.mikey.net/aue/mexican.html

We were thinking of hitting the Tampa charters on saturday 10/22(23 i cant recall exactly). We were hoping to get a good offshore trip running to some of the nicer sites than the real close over-dived ones. Would that date fit in with you?? That would be 2-3 of us, however that price is a little tough. I know the distance out to these sites is considerable, but i wouldnt have thought that much cash involved unless doing a 3 tanker (just to make it worth the trip time out to the sites). What do you think? If not that soon, then i would say that we cant afford two trips out back to back. We are still looking into ops to dive with that weekend.

That is too early for me. Ill have to ask Mac about a 3 tanker as well. Maybe we can get that deal.

Did you ever work this out? Do you want to try in january?

No, no one ever showed any interest, though I could probably scare up a few if solid plans were forthcoming. January is a bit cold for me, however. Might have to wait till summer.

jviehe:
No, no one ever showed any interest, though I could probably scare up a few if solid plans were forthcoming. January is a bit cold for me, however. Might have to wait till summer.
Wuss :wink: Well i am looking at getting a drysuit next week, so that makes my life easier in the caves and out on the gulf, so january would have been ok, we shall see what the late spring or summer time brings. Keep me in mind for this, springs up in your area or cave country and Oriskany trips (there are plenty thinking of going next summer IF it goes down of course).

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom