Venice Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Miller

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Has anybody been to Venice Beach diving lately? I plan a trip for November. So what’s the water like at that time of year? I was down in August. But didn’t get to do any diving. The water was to rough. I did find all the beaches in Venice area.
Thanks for any help.

In November, you'll find the water cold. Other than that, there's not much difference in seasons. Sometimes it's flat, sometimes it's rough, viz averages 2 - 6 feet year round, although I've seen it at zero and at 30 ft. Currents are always either mild or none at all.

Depending on when you go in November, you can get a pretty good range of temperatures. Late November will likely be in the 60's, early November, you could see low 80's. November is the month water temps drop quickly.

Thanks Walter. I'm in hopes of gettin down the first week in November. I will bring my 3mm suit. Here In Western North Carolina, I dive in a 5mm with hood all season.

Give us a holler when you come. We take trips out there all the time.

Hey Reef Guy. We were out yesterday and the viz was zero or maybe one foot. What do you charge to go out in the Gulf from Venice? 2 of us.

Charge?? I'm not a dive boat operator, I don't even have a boat. If you want a good charter close to us, though, try Spair Time (6 pack) 380-5313. I'm looking at going out with him in two weeks (16th). It's no frills, but I really enjoy going out with them.

ReefGuy:
Charge?? I'm not a dive boat operator, I don't even have a boat. If you want a good charter close to us, though, try Spair Time (6 pack) 380-5313. I'm looking at going out with him in two weeks (16th). It's no frills, but I really enjoy going out with them.
Sorry, I didn't know if you had a boat or not. Maybe a buddy and myself will join you that day. I'm only open water certified so I can't go beyond 70' though. The water seemed cold to me the other day at about 9'. We like the reef off the Venice Beach and have never done a boat dive yet. I have about 12 hours total time and am looking to expand my horizons and explore the vast Sea floors.

What's a frill?

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom