Looking for an Aladin Air Z Nitrox probe hose...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DareDevil

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi All,

I recently purchased an Aladin Air Z Nitrox computer, it is my third computer after a trusty Aladin (the old blocky grey/white one) and an Oceanic DataTrans. I like this new Aladin, even if I miss the breath indicator which was available in the Datatrans, whereas the Aladin offers only an alarm for high air flow and that's all.

When diving with the Aladin from time to time I get the alarm indicating a loss of signal between the probe installed on the first stage and the wrist unit. It does not happen always, but it is annoying. I tried to change the probe orientation but since I can attach it only to an HP socket on the first stage I do not have many options.

Now, my question: the Oceanic has a similar setup (wrist computer + probe) and they created a short hose (approx. 60 cm) connecting the HP socket to the probe: in this way it was possible to strap the probe to the BC/Jacket, close to the shoulder, avoiding any loss of signal.

Do you know if anything like that exists for the Aladin Air Z Nitrox ? I have alread tried to do the same with a "standard" HP hose (the one used to connect an analog pressure gauge) but it does not fit, nor can I adapt the Oceanic hose.

Thanks in advance,

Paolo

I have not seen the transmitter extender that you speak of for the AIR Z. However, I have over 125 dives on my Air Z and have never got a lost signal indicator while I was in water. Is your computer and transmitter on the same side of your body? I wonder if it could be a weak battery in the transmitter? This would be something to ask your LDS about. I don't believe you would need an extension just to acquire a signal.

Gillty

I occasionally get transmitter errors from my AirZ O2, depending on where my wrist
is in relation to the first stage. My wife gets them more frequently, but hers are
due to the EMP from her YS-90DX strobes :11:

When I notice them I'll just park my wrist near the 1st stage for a few seconds and it
goes away.

The hose you're talking about sounds like a standard 24" (that's about 60cm)
high-pressure hose. Lots of places have them, e.g.

Northeast Scuba Supply

Gillty:
I have not seen the transmitter extender that you speak of for the AIR Z. However, I have over 125 dives on my Air Z and have never got a lost signal indicator while I was in water. Is your computer and transmitter on the same side of your body? I wonder if it could be a weak battery in the transmitter? This would be something to ask your LDS about. I don't believe you would need an extension just to acquire a signal.

Gillty

It does not happen every time and the signal is lost for 10 seconds or so, but it is annoying. The computer is brand new.

IMHO the BC could be a problem: being a Scubapro model with wings it extends between the transmitter and my shoulders...

And yes transmitter and wrist console are on the same side.

Paolo

gkndivebum:
The hose you're talking about sounds like a standard 24" (that's about 60cm)
high-pressure hose. Lots of places have them, e.g.

Northeast Scuba Supply

Thanks, I have already tried a standard high-pressure hose (the one normally used for manometers) but it does not work: a small amount of air is leaking between the transmitter and the hose connector, don't understand why...

Before I had an Oceanic computer with a similar setup (wrist + transmitter) and for that model is was available a customised high-pressure hose (that one wasn't standard too).

Paolo

Back
Top Bottom