Lobster opening night reports...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

whalerkyle

Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Heres mine,
4 guys, 8 tanks, 17 foot whaler outside of Dana Point. All four of us in the water at 12:01 Saturday morning. Vis was awsome, at times up to 40', but a bit of the So Cal Surg.
We had 2 fantastic dives, and we were back at the launch ramp by 430am.
16 bugs between the 4 of us, and I ended up buying breakfast for everyone because I snatched the biggust bug. It went 8 pounds :)
Fantastic dives, great friends, and now some good meals.

Kyle....Heres a pic. Baby is 9 .5 pounds, and the bug is 8. I had to use something to show the size right?

And did we see your friends from the DFG? :wink: I did! (see below)

Dude, great bug, and great pic!

First dive, La Jennelle, viz was pretty good till you hit the surge, then it got a little silty. Saw a bunch of dumba$$ guys getting tickets at 10:45 for having short bugs, illegally caught, out of season, over the limit, without a license. DFG wouldn't let me shoot 'em, said I needed a poacher stamp on my license.

Second dive at Corral, nice viz, (15-25), saw a big bat ray, lots of tiny bugs on the way out, then hit a little rocky area that had a few good ones on our way in. Rolled in about 5:30, breakfast at Dennys.

I got 4, (2 first, 2 second), but nothing amazing, all were about 1/4 inch over legal.

Still, very tasty!

Wow way to go! Wish I was home in So. Cal to be out there with you all joining in the fun!

Comparing with the baby really does show the size.

Kimber

Six divers, 2 dives, 42 bugs. You do the math!

Gimp leg, out of the water, season opener, home watching Seinfeld.

YOU do the math.

I am so done with this leg.

K

Kyle - Your pic had Jaye on the floor. She suggested you put a diaper on that thing (the lobster....) It might have weighed 9+ that way, too. I'm married to a very disturbed woman.

Two dives, one at Latigo at midnight opening night, the other Middle breakwater Long Beach/Los Angeles Harbor.
First dive, lots of too small to even think about measuring, and 4 caught, but too small released bugs.
Second dive, saw some definate legals, but only got my hands on the shorts.

Score, Lobsters are definatly winning.

I went out Friday night in south Laguna with three of my diving buddies and met up with a new friend. In the water at midnight. After an hour and 17 minutes, most of us (except me) came away with the legal amount. I kept catching bugs that were 'questionable' and didn't want to chance it. The dive all in all was fantastic! Great viz, lots of marine life including 5 Morays; 5 Horn Sharks; 3 Octopus; a very playful Bat Ray; and the usual suspects of fish.

Back
Top Bottom