Finally got wet...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MB

Obi-MB-Kenobi
Rest in Peace
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Rains continue muck up inside conditions. Took a long walk on Delray Beach this evening, and its very different. Going to be a LOT of new shell beds all along the coast. And the walk from the cars to the water looks like its decreased at almost every beach dive site I've been to.

But the highlight of the day... To avoid the fecal float that is still hanging around most reefs, I met with a dozen folks from the FAU club at the university pool to run some refreshers and club orientation dives. Got to admit, the pool never seemed this good before, but even the pool has some odd growths, and I'm pouring witches brew in my ears tonight. But 3-4 hours of neutral buoyancy was a relief, even if the max depth was only 12 ffw. It reminded me that when offshore conditions deteriorate, there's always a pool somewhere to use to get wet & get neutral. Some PVC construction projects, some lettered tiles for an UW spelling bee, a fake shark or two, and a bunch of folks managed to forget that they weren't on a real reef.

So, before you all dry out beyond repair - jump in the pool. If that doesn't work, my cul de sac is still flooded...

Was wondering how you got wet. We arrived at LTBS to do a beach dive only to find we would be competing with the surfers! Well, that and the rip tides pretty much negated any thoughts of sucking that wonderful compressed air.

Scuba_Jenny:
Was wondering how you got wet. We arrived at LTBS to do a beach dive only to find we would be competing with the surfers! Well, that and the rip tides pretty much negated any thoughts of sucking that wonderful compressed air.
...When you see surfers @ Hibiscus don't dive!!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom