Blue Escape in San Diego - STill Open?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubaj_66

Reaction score
Has anyone been in contact with the Blue Escape in San Diego. Their site is down and we can't get in touch with anyone via telephone. Please advise if anyone knows

Thanks

Jay

I dove with them about three weeks ago. The boat was having engine trouble, and you could feel an overall sense of things not going real well as of late. We got out an hour late. In fact a couple on the boat said that a trip had been cancelled the week before because of similiar problems. I hope this wasn't a sign that their days were limited.

About two weeks ago, I was trying to schedule a boat trip with them and I booked on their website. I called several times, left voicemails and wrote emails the week before to make sure that they were going out (I hate driving from OC to SD to find out a trip is cancelled) and the day before someone finally called me to say that since there were only 5 divers registered (and 3 of those was me and my friends), they wouldn't probably go.... So we wen't with Dive Connections (but the trip was cancelled anyway because of the rough sea).

After that the Blue Escpae website was down (so it was 2 weeks ago) so I was not able to check their schedule....

Hay sent your a PM...
they did not go out this weekend...
they flaked realy hard on my friends and me agean.... to mad to post other wise it would turn into a flame..

Can I kick a shop when they are down?? I prefer the Lois Ann - more professional and excellent skippers. I stopped using Blues Escapade about 2 years ago when....

a group of us was coming from LA, granted not as far as Arid-Zones, the weather was iffy and checking the swell models predicted the boats would stay in. I called them about 12 hours before we were to depart and asked if they would be cancelling due to weather and was told that if I did not show up I would be charged for the trip. Yep even if they did cancel at the last minute I had to be there. Well that didn't bother me as I had a gift cert. Yeah so we head down there and lo and behold no-one is going out and neither are they. Nice waste of fuel. The final kicker was when we went down for another hop and I used the charge card. At the last minute, after the gear was on the boat for some reason they cancelled again. Instead of reversing the charges, like a responsible merchant would do, we were issued chits for another day. That peeved me just a tad so I called the card company who took care of it and also followed this up with a letter, to the card company disputing the charge, to further have positive documentation.

My advise - give Woody a call at 800-201-4381,
drop them a line at scuba@loisann.com
or visit www.loisann.com/

or hook up with Gotta Dive they are also top notch. I like Lois since I can get my doubles filled with nitroxreadily and easily on the boat!

That's true, Woody is very good too............

We had booked the lois ann, both Sat. and Sun for 20 people (people had paid the Az shop) then lois ann said "oops sorry we can only let you have one day not 2 days. The boat is booked the other day."
We didnt want to be on one boat one day then switch boats the second day. Our group wanted one company for both days so having never used either boat we switched both days to the blue escape. OF course most of people werent happy about it as they are aware of Lois Anns rep. but they want to dive wreck alley so bad they were still willing to go.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom