Burning chilli question:

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divad

Contributor
Reaction score
Do you treat cilantro like basil and add it later, or do you throw it in with the peppers and onions right away? GO JETS.

Ummm ... both.
The folks I know use the coriander (dried cilantro seeds) in "the beginning" and then do the respicing sometimes slightly before serving.
Plain cilantro can be tossed in as a flavorful garnish for the cilantro lovers out there, usually just before serving.

A number of asian dishes start with a mortar and pestle and the preparation of the initial spice base of grinding corriander, chilli, rock salt, garlic, ginger and other spices to be used to rub over and marinate meat, seafood, vegetables etc before cooking even starts. Others grind the seeds and then add the herb later as a final flavouring and a garnish for colour. The taste is different between the seeds and herb.
Have a great meal...

evad:
Do you treat cilantro like basil and add it later, or do you throw it in with the peppers and onions right away? GO JETS.

Personally, I add it later and reserve some for garnish with the scallions and the cheese (and maybe avocado slices.) I just made some recently in a crock pot. I recall reading something about adding or adjusting spices toward the end of the cooking period when using a crock pot, otherwise they can cook off to nothing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom