Jupiter 10-12-04 0900 hrs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Orlando Eric

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Barring hurricanes, tornadoes or other unforeseen natural disaters... I AM diving Tuesday AM. I am a single diver if anyone else was looking for a excuse to go. Booking through SCUBA WORKS 561-575-3483. I wanted to do Thur 10-07-04 but the Temptation is out of the water getting her props done.

Anyone looking for a partner and an excuse to slip away during the week day let me know who to look for on the boat 772-332-7344 Cell.

Eric

Hello? Anyone out there? Is everyone working on a Tuesday Morning? I promise to leave the badge, gun and twenty questions at the dock. :cop_2: :spaninq: :2ar15smil

Heya Eric, normally I'd be in, but I have my final DM test that day 400yrd swim. Let me know next time, weekdays are always easier for me.

Cheers,
Vickie

baitedstorm:
Heya Eric, normally I'd be in, but I have my final DM test that day 400yrd swim. Let me know next time, weekdays are always easier for me.

Cheers,
Vickie
Good luck on your swim Vickie. If I could only get off my rear to finish my rescue plan and my final test!!!!! Oh well.....Grand Cayman and IDC are not until March 05 anyway... :D

Scubaguy62:
.....Grand Cayman and IDC are not until March 05 anyway... :D
:11ztongue suuuuuure, rub it in...... :laughing: you lucky dog, and thanks for the support, I'll be singing the Dory song from Finding Nemo "Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming"

(I think I'm thread-jacking, sorry Eric :10: )

BaitedStorm- Don't worry about the thread jacking I was just glad to see that I was being seen out there in the world. It worked out okay.., There are six people going including myself. I have not been diving since the "bad weather" incident. Careful not to use the "H" word!

Good luck on your swim! I will kick a few strokes your way to help push you along. I will let ya'll know how the dive goes.. I heard that the reefs are covered with sand but recoverying- just like the last Million years worth of storms. :wink:

Okay,-- everybody!.. 1,2,3 - "Just Keep Swimming..jUst Keep Swimming... Hmm hmm hmmhmm.."

Eric

:laughing:

Visability was 25' and the sky was overcast. We dove the MT Zion and did not find the other HALF! The bottom is now 97' and you can not see the props due to sand. So the sand washed away enough to sink it several feet deeper than before and built up over the props! The other section is probably in the area but we did not find it. The Jenny is rotated 90* from it's orginal location and we did not find the Bonaire. The captian said he saw it on his sonar but we missed it. The Reef is covered in 4" of sand, but there is a new limestone reef and many new ledges that where covered before.

I saw a turtle and a nurse shark. Two divers where successful in getting a lobster and I saw many shorts. The current was strong but not describable as "ripping." The MT ZION was home to about a half dozen Miata sized Grouper. I saw a small spotted eel and many tropicals that where trying to make it on the sand covered reef.

There was a large piece of corragated fiberglass like the kind used for a skylight in the sand part of someone's house maybe. I did not find any gold but did get a HUGE shell and several others found good looking shells as well.

Overall not a A+ dive but still better than watching Deep Sea Detectives from the couch eating potatoe chips!

Hopefully it will clear up soon and become the diving the Jupiter was previously known for.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom