WTB: Sony housing MPK-P9

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pickens_46929

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Would like to find a SONY MPK-P9 housing.

Have the Sony DSC-9 camera already.

I already know (the hardway) that the MPK-PHA housing for the DSC-8 and DSC-10 won't work.

PM with details.

Thanks,

Dave

Where did you find the MPK-PHA? That's what I've been trying to locate. No one seems to have them in stock at a reasonable price!!!

pennypue:
Where did you find the MPK-PHA? That's what I've been trying to locate. No one seems to have them in stock at a reasonable price!!!

I wouldn't call it reasonable... AIKO Trading Co. which directly imports into the US is over $300. Dealt with a company in Florida called Cellpoint (stay away from them though, really bad service). Cellpoint had it for $289. Told me it fit the P9 and then it didn't -- refund took forever... like 6 mos.

Looks like the MPK-PHA is going the way of the MPK-P9... "out of stock".

Figure the best way might be to sell my Sony P9, and buy a new Sony whatever with the U/W case this time.

I've got an OLY 5050 with PT-015 and it works great but I want something smaller that I can pretty much take everywhere underwater.

Dave

I got my p10 before I learned to dive. I'm hoping that if I'm patient enough people will sell their housings when the upgrade to another camera. But I think I'm going to lose my patience and end up buy a camera specifically for diving. Fortunately, all available funds need to first go toward dive gear, so my patience may be tempered by my wallet!! I'll look around for the p9.

pennypue:
I got my p10 before I learned to dive. I'm hoping that if I'm patient enough people will sell their housings when the upgrade to another camera. But I think I'm going to lose my patience and end up buy a camera specifically for diving. Fortunately, all available funds need to first go toward dive gear, so my patience may be tempered by my wallet!! I'll look around for the p9.

Me too.

Got fed up and bought the Olympus setup. Found it's easier to buy them both at the same time. Been looking for over a year for the MPK-P9, so I think the MPK-PHA might be the same trouble.

I'll keep my eye open though.

Found a neat deal though for a smaller setup... Nikon Coolpix 2200 +
Fantasea CP-3 or CP-3N... you purchase a factory refurbed Coolpix + the housing for about $250 total. Maybe a bit more. You don't get 5 megapixels but it's something I've considered.

Just noticed you're location is Cincinnati... I'm over here near Indy. :D

Dave

pennypue:

There's thirteen of them on eBay right now, new from 2 sellers in Hong Kong. $180 US plus shipping if you want one right away, otherwise there's some at auction.

pickens_46929:
Would like to find a SONY MPK-P9 housing.

Have the Sony DSC-9 camera already.

I already know (the hardway) that the MPK-PHA housing for the DSC-8 and DSC-10 won't work.

Stumbled across mine on ebay about 9 months ago - new from Japan (literally). Recently asked that source for another for a friend - he said they were gone. I echo others - keep checking ebay.

pickens_46929:
Found a neat deal though for a smaller setup... Nikon Coolpix 2200 +
Fantasea CP-3 or CP-3N... you purchase a factory refurbed Coolpix + the housing for about $250 total. Maybe a bit more. You don't get 5 megapixels but it's something I've considered.

Just noticed you're location is Cincinnati... I'm over here near Indy. :D

Dave

Indy is close.....let's go get wet!!! I was at Blue Springs last Saturday for my first quarry dive. It was, well, GREEN. LOL. Where are all the pretty fishies and rocks???? Might be going somewhere again this weekend with my buddy. Would you be interested? :)

The coolpix sounds like a nice deal. Refurbished has never scared me off. But I rather like a 5MP. (concentrate on dive gear Penny, not cameras....dive gear.....gotta breathe underwater before you can take pictures....fins, yeah....buy fins.....um MASK would be good too......):D

Another way to do this is to call Sony and ask if there is any way they can check with their suppliers and see if any have some in stock. I located a video light about two years ago doing this at one time. Otherwise use the search engines and cross your fingers. The Pseries cameras can do some great photos. I am on my 4th one now, my P150 should be delivered shortly.

Travis

I can get the MPK-PHA for you guys... and I would love to buy the DSC - P9... the trouble is... im from malaysia... how can we solve the freight issue??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom