Orca spots????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ummm....I don't think that would be a fun dive...not too much research on this...they're kind of unpredictable...dangerous...there are spots to see them, but have you done a fair amount of diving? I don't think even researchers dive with them...

dress like a seal and jump in the water with orcas? let us know how it turns out.

The only time I got into the water with them they took off. Maybe the sound of our bubbles, I dunno.

I just talked with a fellow today who had a face to face with one and held his breath and was able to get a ~15 sec. encounter.

As to where... well, it is seriously against the law to harass them and jumping into the water with them qualifies you for the prize. I could tell you where to find them reliably but it just would be prudent.

Wendy:
dress like a seal and jump in the water with orcas? let us know how it turns out.

crunchy on the outside, chewy on the inside!! (but the hoses get stuck in their teeth)

LOL!!!

Mustapha Loves Guns:
Hi,
Anyone know where is a good place to scuba dive where Orcas are?
I doubt you will find anyone willing to take you diving with orcas in North America. For one thing, even getting close enough to dive with them is illegal (up here in B.C. anyways- and I'm pretty sure in the U.S. as well.). You might try going up to Nootka Sound (I think) on the west coast of Vancouver Island where "Luna" has been hanging around for awhile craving human company. She's been ripping the rudders off boats lately so she won't be a boring dive buddy. - That's assuming you have a chance to feel the cold water on your face before the fisheries/coast guard/RCMP haul you out of the water and into a nice warm jail cell. Either way, I'm looking forward to reading about you in the papers.

LOL...DRESS LIKE A SEAL..... HMMM I Should've specified myself..lol...I scuba dived in Vancouver BC, dangerous? No..not that I know of and yes they are unpredictible, I'm in training for Marine Biology :wink: . Harass them no, video tape there behavior..YES. You guiys make it sound like they're vicious animals, totally false, curious...yes, do I get frightten when I encountered them? No because I don't approach and chase them saying over here, hey you come get me!!!!!!!!!! I stay and try to move as little as possible to avoid frightinig them.

Back
Top Bottom