Test Post Two - Thanks for your help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alcina

Missing Diva.
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
OK...my monitor was a bit wonky, but I think it's fixed now. Here is the same shot again...does this look more normal now? I hope so coz then I can get on with getting the pictures ready for my trip report. This image prints beautifully on my Sony DPP-EX5, so I am hoping you are seeing good stuff too...

BUT please let me know if you aren't!

Alcina:

The picture looks great! I love the reds. Is that a deep water gorgonia? The ones here are black. Good Shot!

---Bob

Thanks for the quick reply! I am not sure what the exact name of this thing is...there were lots of them on the sites around Cozumel. I haven't had a chance to go through and get names...one more thing :wink:

alcina:
OK...my monitor was a bit wonky, but I think it's fixed now. Here is the same shot again...does this look more normal now? I hope so coz then I can get on with getting the pictures ready for my trip report. This image prints beautifully on my Sony DPP-EX5, so I am hoping you are seeing good stuff too...

BUT please let me know if you aren't!
This one is lighter than the other one, not so much intensity in the blue. The reds in the main branches look really good.

There are some whiter areas in some of the smaller arms that I don't remember seeing at all yesterday. Seems more realistic looking, like when you see older paler areas at the center of darker colored corals.

The sand has less bluish cast also, I think it looks better. And the rocks are correct.

I think you're right on with this one, the other one definitely looked like you had amped up the blue, even though you said you hadn't done any adjustment.

Mike (and all) - suggest away! I haven't had a chance to work on any of these images until this morning and think that I am going to do a real quickie job first just to get things up...then i can pick your brains and adjust as necessary!

I agree with Mike.

I much prefer the lighter blues in this last photo. The red is just a tad too intense for my taste, I think it'd look better with a bit more brown in it. 'Course, it's been 5 months since I saw one so my memory could be rusty! :D

This is my unsharp mask method.

Put the sharpening somewhere between 140-150%
Radius usually between 2 and 3, never above 3 or it looks a little too sharp
Threshold at 0

Hopefully this will bring a little sharpness to the edges of the fan.

Other than that the colors look great to me, very nice contrast between the red and a fantastic blue.
Nicely done. :wink:

Good too see you are back. Hope you had a great trip. Awaiting the report.

Colours are spot on on my laptop.

Mike I find that you get far superior result by using a very high sharpen, 300%+ and very small radius, 0.1-0.5. I wouldn't use a radius higher than 1. I don't really like oversharpened images, especially printed (they look fake almost). But I am speaking from a compact digicam POV. Can't comment for DSLR.

Back
Top Bottom