Spearguns

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Perk

New
Reaction score
I have just recently got involved in spearfishing with about a 24 inch voit swimmaster, with two bands. And I have speared some nice size flounder would this gun be enough to take down a grouper? anywhere to 5 to 10 pounds? Not sure if I need to upgrade or not?

Thanks,
Perk

I would think so, just get in close :) I would like to think I can take a 5# grouper with a pole spear... I just haven't tried. I've taken some 3-4# sheepshead.

Thanks for the info. I guess there is one way to find out. LOL

When I had a borrowed 36" Recruit - given I had sissy yellow bands rather than smaller black bands, I had the spear bounce off sheepshead unless I was super-close - 2 to 3 feet maybe....hate to think at 24" gun would do much better than that....but you never know! LOL :)

I'd upgrade if you get a chance. Then again, it might be more fun with a smaller gun! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom