Computers & Vision Issues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was drawn to the Aeris Atmos AI for that very reason. Have been very happy with this computer for all the "more" important reasons also.

The Sherwood Wisdom, like the other computers made by pelagic but sold by other companies with only slight cosmetic changes, has an excellent display that is easy to read even if the diver is slightly far sighted or in low light conditions.

cowdog77:
My eyesight isn't ideal ....what are some of the easiest to read computers available now?
I checked out several b4 buying, with good vis for my older eyes a major criteria - after all, what good is a comp if you can't read what it says?!?

I also found the Aeris one of the best, which is what I ended up with.

ALSO - I have put the small plastic "lens sticker" on the left window of my mask - (after the fact) works great for me, although others have reported problems with it floating free with mask floods. I haven't had a problem with that.

Charlie

Oceanic DataMax Pro Plus 2

I agree with the Atmos 2 being a good choice, however the new Oceanic veo is virtually the same computer with a better price tag!..

I bought a Cressi Archimede due to it's easy to read display. All of the Seiko computers, whether marketed as Cressi, Dive Rite, TUSA or Apeks share the large numbers.

Phil

Can't help much with the computer (I use a OMS bottom timer and a Stinger in gauge mode, neither of which could be classified as particularly easy on the eyes).

However, I enthusiastically recommend prescription masks. I use one and absolutely love it.

We sell virtually all of them, Cressi, Tusa, Uwatec, Sherwood, Aeris and on and on... And this question comes up all the time. When people compare them in the store, the Aeris wins most all the time. Even though the Aeris and Sherwood work the same, the display is slightly different. On the Sherwood Wisdom, the largest number is your air pressure. On the Atmos AI, the largest number is remaining time - based on whatever you are running out of first - air or bottom time.

If you haven't seen it, click on the linke to the Aeris Atmos AI and there is a good picture of it, as well as a link to a flash simulator which will show you what the display looks like when diving.

Back
Top Bottom