Diving in Somoa?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

capt_cu2

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone been diving in Somoa. I going there to meet up with an Australian friend. I don't think it's really known for it's diving. Not sure if I should lug my gear down there. If it's just so so, I might just want to rent and do one day of diving.

Thoughts? TIA

I have snorkelled on a boat trip from Sinali resort (before I dived) off the other side of the main Island from Apia, I thought it was a pretty colourful reef, with lots of fish life. I would definitely scuba if I was back there. Do a search I responded to a post a few months back about Samoa and there was some other info on it about current operators.
Alison

capt_cu2:
Anyone been diving in Somoa... I don't think it's really known for it's diving. Not sure if I should lug my gear down there.
I lived in Am Samoa many years ago, and traveled frequently to (Western / Independent) Samoa. The reeefs were awesome in some areas, trashed in others. At the time there wasn't much of a dive industry, and a search a couple of months ago made me think that little has changed.

But there are folks who dive there. If you're careful, confident and don't require much support, you can arrange a dive trip once you get there by asking around at the marina or any water-oriented business. Also, a bunch of expatriots dive - the folks on yatchs can lead you in the right (safe) direction.

If you dive there, please post a report! We don't get many Samoa reports, and an update would help folks in the future.

Manuia!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom