Shore Diving - Ft. Pierce - Oct 16

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Virus]FSLR2[

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Ok - I have an opportunity to go down to Ft. Pierce for the day. What is available for a shore dive down there besides what's in the Deloach Book? (How about including what's in the book, since I can't find mine... found my PADI Manuals from '85 though) Where is it, web pages, dive logs, maps... anything? And would anyone else around there be available to dive that day?

I dive that area a lot,,,however with the recent hurricanes...diving my be shot....water is still very brown and the beaches closed due to storm damage. Ft Pierce got really hammered by 2 hurricanes.

Call me...321-537-9751

Not the time for Fort Pierce diving...... let me figure out how to send you the pictures I took from the main sites. Total devastation!!! The boardwalk is now a free standing ....um...broadwalk with nothing attached to it. Most of the beaches were still closed last week, there could have been some openings that I don't know about. The water looked pretty bad from the shore.

Vickie

Well, Since I can't go, I may as well go through these old books I found while looking for my Deloach Book.

Little dusty, but still in good shape... Maybe there's a museum that's interested :)

PADI Diver Manual - 1978
PADI Advanced Diver Manual - 1984
PADI Divemaster Manual - 1985
PADI Adventures in Diving - 1991
PADI Divemaster Manual - 1991
and Jim Church's essential guide to Nikonos Systems from 1994

That's it.. I'm gunna get my horsecollar, backpack, Rubber Mask, and Louisiana Wetsuit out for the Ginnie Springs Dive!

Gawd I'm getting old!

baitedstorm:
Not the time for Fort Pierce diving...... let me figure out how to send you the pictures I took from the main sites. Total devastation!!! The boardwalk is now a free standing ....um...broadwalk with nothing attached to it. Most of the beaches were still closed last week, there could have been some openings that I don't know about. The water looked pretty bad from the shore.

Vickie

Vickie,
Is Phil Foster still closed? I'm suffering from scuba withdrawals.

Al

Maybe it's time to work on the house and property...take a brief break from diving to fix fence, yard etc

cudachaser:
Maybe it's time to work on the house and property...take a brief break from diving to fix fence, yard etc

Joe,
I did that all day today... had to rebuild the door on my shed... fix the sprinkler... watch the Bellsouth guy cuss at my phone line... (he had to run a temporary line from my house to the pole... He said I need a new line) but... my DSL is finally up and running....

My gills are starting to dry out. I couldn't even get my students in the pool this weekend. They all had conflicts....

Al

I'll find out for ya!!!! :D

There is no beach diving between Ft. Pierce and Sebastian. Here are some pics a buddy of mine took.

The beaches by Patrick AFB are still closed along with many along the Brevard coast also. Looks like it may take the beachs a while to be available whether its beach diving or surfing.
If you don't mind springs, a lot of them are trying to open quickly (unless you want to boat dive). Give them a call. The ones that are in state parks can be accessed by going to the Fl state park web site. And don't go by what the site says, call them. We dove Blue Springs between Francis and Jeanne. The web said it was closed, but when I called, they had been open for a week.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom