Bay Island Aggressor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MDS

New
Reaction score
Has anybody been on the Bay Island Aggressor? If so, what did you think? And what do you think is the best time of the year to dive the Bay Islands.

I've been on it while it was betwen trips. It's a fabulous boat, and I didnt wanna get off! I'd not pass up a chance.

MDS:
Has anybody been on the Bay Island Aggressor? If so, what did you think? And what do you think is the best time of the year to dive the Bay Islands.
Thanks alot for the info. What time of year were you there?

MDS:

The Bay Islands are part of Central America (i.e., the Honduras) rather than the Greater Caribbean and Bahamas. As such, I have moved your inquiry to the Central and South America forum in the hopes it will get a wider response.

BTW, while I have not done that Aggressor itinerary I hear very good things about it.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

The Aggressor is our next door neighbor. We sometimes go over and meet the guests on the last night during their wine and cheese party. They are always raving about how great a trip it was. The Captain was telling us that their new itinerary will include Roatan, Guanaja, Utila, & Cayos Cochinos with wrecks, a shark dive and a dolphin dive with AKR. This week they are out with 20 guests on board and last week they only had 10, that small group felt spoiled rotten for all the attention they got.

MDS:

March - May has the flatter drier days.

The ship stays mostly on the South Side anyway, so that's not a big concern.

August is coral spawn.

May-July a good shot at Whale Sharks

August is nice and warm

Sep-Nov should be less expensive

All times and dates are approximate, aint nothin' guaranteed in life.

Thank you so much for the info. It is going to really help me out with the planning of my trip.

It was a wonderful experience. I can't say enough about about the crew. We had a full boat and I felt spoiled rotten. The boat was spacious - everybody had plenty of room. Food was always tasty and we were offered a variety of dishes. They have a computer onboard for editing digital photos (which was great for me).

The diving was pretty good. Dive briefs were always very thorough. On our trip, sites around Roatan and Utila were good for coral, sponges, eels, angels and seahorses. The best site was the seamount. No current to speak of. The only rough seas we had were crossing between islands - which they usually did at night or early in the morning.

I would highly recommend it to see the Bay Islands all in one shot. Overall, I loved it and will have a hard time going back to "regular" diving!

Have a blast!

Back
Top Bottom