New look for old favourites

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alcina

Missing Diva.
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Flamingo tongues must be one of the most popular subjects for visitors to Cozumel! I've seen 100s of photos of them and found ample opportunity to take a lot of my own.

I like this one because it has a bit of a different feel to it. I deliberately left the background, but tried for a softer feel. I think the subject stands out quite well. I just like this shot.

8823BAFLAMINGOTOUCH.jpg

Putting out there for your comments and (hopefully) your enjoyment...

Very nice shot!! Thank you for sharing it :)

very well done my friend!

the slightly blue background and shallow DOF produced a great shot. exposure is right on!

a bit of cropping may make it even better!

my thoughts

Chris

PS

MY B-Day is Mar 13th

lets have a party next year

Chris - A party sounds perfect! That is a weekend, so we could make a three day event out of it...I've got the boat & the dive sites. BYO cameras! We'll hang out, watch the ocean and eat & drink and be merry!

As for the photo, I played with cropping a little but didn't find just the right one...I guess more than 45 seconds is required LOL...I am slowly making my way through the first round of photos from the trip as I need to get them on CD for some ppl. Then I will go back and mess with some of my favs...your input and advice is appreciated so if you have a suggetion I am all ears!

Thanks, All, for the kind comments.

As I live on Guam AND have wanted to dive Australia sound good, may be a day late though. have a gig to do with Wyland in the Dominican Republic that ends on March 12, mo Whales!

bit truely would like to get hooked up

anyway, I cropped out some dead space and centered the subject while trying to preserve the background.

cant seem to post the shot. wish I could just copy and paste like on other forums

send me an email to

kumonomi@aol.com

I will send you the shot

again

nice stuff

Chris

well I guess it did post
just small

Well, OK, a day late will have to do then! But you owe a beer for every day you are late, you know that, right :wink:

Had to giggle when I saw your crop...I have one that is almost exactly the same - great minds or what! I am not sure I am completely happy with it - almost feels like they are hanging out there, suspended just before the fall...or maybe it is the morning after the wedding party last night :11: :06:

No Worries

lots of Aussies on Guam. Melbourne Cup parties and all. great folks, just can't seem to remember the what happened after I met them!

VB bitters for ya my friend. and remember it will be MY birthday a day later!

you are always welcome to come to Guam and stay with me as well

just give me advanced notice as I tend to go "Walk about" in the islands a lot!

Chris

Back
Top Bottom