East Timor: Oct. 9 pix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

calypsonick

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
98744-10-09drw_104.jpg

98744-10-09drw_053.jpg

98744-10-09drw_077.jpg

98744-10-09drw_140.jpg

Caly,

Incredibly beautiful pics! Breathless!

Question, I would like to island hop through those Indonesia islands but concern about the safety. I heard even some long time expats in Sulawesi closed down their dive shops and left. Your location in East Timor Indonesia? How's the safety there?

Great shots of very unusual critters....nice lighting :wink:

Caly, just returned from a 17 day trip to Bali and SE Sulawesi and the only thing threating were the street vendors in Bali :D

Karl

WOW!! Beautiful shots - I had not really thought of Timor being a destination, but with creatures like that I might have to reconsider!

kdeitz...not to hi-jack the thread, but do you have a report from your trip?

Awesome again Nick.
Like the leaf scorpian - actually make that like them all the best.

kdietz:
Great shots of very unusual critters....nice lighting :wink:
Karl
Thanks Karl. I racheted down the internal strobe intensity as per your suggestion. It makes for better lighting with the close-ups. :wink:

fishnchips:
Question, I would like to island hop through those Indonesia islands but concern about the safety. I heard even some long time expats in Sulawesi closed down their dive shops and left. Your location in East Timor Indonesia? How's the safety there?
Thanks, fishnchips. Come on down. We have some awesome diving here!! I have only been to Bunaken in Indonesia and the coral here beats it hands down.

Since East Timor won its fight for independence in 1999, it has been relatively calm here, with only a couple of little flare ups. Normal, for a country less than 5 years old. The security situation is good and petty crime is relatively low.

You can grab a Merpati flight once a day from Bali and we can set you up with tanks, buddies, and more dive sites than you can shake a stick at. You can learn more about diving in East Timor here: www.timordivers.net.

Nick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom