MAUI OCTOBER 11th to the 17th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JMD123

Reaction score
Hello all,

My name is Jonas Dolkart. I have about 120 dive under my belt... I have an AOW from Padi. I dive mostly in the cold waters of southern california. I will be in Maui from October 11th to the 17th in the am I plan on doing some boatdiving. I am interested in doing some afternoon beach diving. Here is the issue... I am traveling with a non diving spouse, and I prefer not to dive alone. The shops will send me with a sive master but its 50 buck and that kind of seems lame to me for a beach dive. Send me a PM or email if your interested in doing some beach diving in the afternoons.

dolkart@earthlink.net

Thanks

First off, your afternoons are not likely to be good diving on Maui, as the trade winds come up and the water gets rough and the sites a little stirred up. Your best diving will be before noon almost all the time.

As far as beach dives go, there are a few shops that have buddy-books that might help you find someone to dive with. In particular, there's Maui Dreams Dive Co. in Kihei and I think Pacific Dive in Lahaina has one, too.

For the boat dives, make sure you check out Ed Robinson's, Mike Severn's or B&B Scuba -- those are the top three recommendations from anyone I've talked to.

Aloha Jonas,

I've made hundreds of afternoon dives from shore on Maui and if you know where to go, you can have great conditions. Some places can be blown out and the surface can be choppy. I have never had a "lame" dive from shore here either. Let me know if you want to see the best spots and I would be happy to help you out. It really makes a difference if you go with someone who is experienced in local conditions and sites.

Best of luck to you and let me know if I can be of any assistance!

Back
Top Bottom