Sunday's (Oct. 10) Maui pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gilligan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
billboard.gif

VIEW PHOTOS

alcina:
Love the shot with the toby peeking out from under the ledge & the bfly in front - great capture!

Me, too!

"Psst....Hey....What are you doing out there by yourself? Come in here with me, it's a jungle out there!"

Dee:
Me three!!

Jim, if you don't mind my asking - what resolution quality settings are you using for your shots ? Are you shooting TIFF, SHQ or HQ ? Do you switch around or stick with one setting ?

Thanks
Nick

calypsonick:
Me three!!

Jim, if you don't mind my asking - what resolution quality settings are you using for your shots ? Are you shooting TIFF, SHQ or HQ ? Do you switch around or stick with one setting ?

Thanks
Nick

I never use TIFF. I was using SHQ on all my photos. However, lately I am using HQ. I switched to HQ because I can get about 130 pics versus about 50 on SHQ on a 128MB Smart Media Card, which is the only format the C4000Z uses. I don't make prints so the HQ is fine for me.

I am leaving on a trip next week and when we do our diving I want as many pics from a dive as I can get. 50 pics on SHQ for 1 dive is not going to cut it. 130 on HQ will.

I have 2 housings and 2 cameras and will be taking them both. I haven't decided whether to just change out housings/cameras between dives 1 and 2 or open the housing and change out the memory cards between dives.
I do have a Vosonic device with a notebook hard drive in it to free up the cards after a dive day.

Oh a red spotted nudi, you don't see those very often now do you?
I saw 3 or 4 on one day and then never again. Lucky you.

Your trip is coming up soon. Hope you have a great time:wink:

All are really cool. Jim how big are those urchin shells? I love those..we have one that is a lamp that hubby's parents gave to him yrs. ago. can you ship me some...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom