PNG - Paradise Sport... Just got back

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divebuddy68

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey! Just got back from a one week trip aboad the Mike Ball Paradise Sport in Milne Bay. Flights from NY were brutal. However, the diving, cultural experience and boat were worth it.

Diving was amazing. The health and diversity of the reefs and fish were incredible. Besides for the divers on the boat I did not see another diver the entire week. This place is a divers paradise.

The Paradise Sport is the nicest live-aboard I have ever seen. It is huge. I had my own room with a king size bed. Almost as many crew as guests. Food was great.

PNG has it all and you feel like your one of the first to see it.

Let me know if I can answer any questions.

divebuddy68:
Hey! Just got back from a one week trip aboad the Mike Ball Paradise Sport in Milne Bay. Flights from NY were brutal. However, the diving, cultural experience and boat were worth it.

Diving was amazing. The health and diversity of the reefs and fish were incredible. Besides for the divers on the boat I did not see another diver the entire week. This place is a divers paradise.

The Paradise Sport is the nicest live-aboard I have ever seen. It is huge. I had my own room with a king size bed. Almost as many crew as guests. Food was great.

Sounds like it hasn't changed a bit since '98!

Wayne Fox was the dive director aboard P.Sport then.
S'pose the young moray in the log at 28m/92ft at Lavadi has grown up by now, but the two Octopi near the top of the reef may still be together!

Y'get to dive Blackjack? One hell of a dive.

Yes, one of the best trips I've had, memories .....

Now I feel that I want to go back.

Thanks for the opportunity to reminisce.

Seadeuce

divebuddy68:

How I felt when I came back from Walindi PNG. Like you had found a spot no one else had ever dived, when are you going back?. :wink:

PNG is a great place to dive, there are many great dive sites. The following cities have good dive sites(In order of what I think of them):
Madang
Kavieng
Rabaul
Port Moresby (Not as good as the above three but not too bad)

Back
Top Bottom