2nd boltsnap below light head

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mech

Contributor
Reaction score
On my 18w the boltsnap on the goodman handle is no problem.
However the 2nd boltsnap just below the transformer is giving me fits.
I've tied a tight cave knot to that area but it just wants to slip down.
Would a small zip tie just below the cave knot be the answer?
Not to be rude but if it's not DIR I don't want to know about it.
Thanks.
Andy

The strain relief fitting between the ballast and the cord has a little groove in it. If you make sure your cave line wraps use that groove when tying the knot, the bolt snap will not slide.

The best solution by far is to attach a ziptie loop to the gland at the back of the ballast using a another ziptie. The ends of the zipties can be cut with a hot knife for a nice finish.

BTW... the same type of ziptie loop may be attached to the Goodman handle. Use a double ended bolt snap and move it to the position required.

This may or may not be DIR past, present or future. Using your head for some of this stuff will keep you from having to switch back and forth between what is acceptable one day but not the next on the West Coast or the East Coast.

mer:
The strain relief fitting between the ballast and the cord has a little groove in it. If you make sure your cave line wraps use that groove when tying the knot, the bolt snap will not slide.

That groove is sometimes smaller or larger on various lights. On mine, 24# cave line won't fit into that groove and eventually starts sliding, no matter what I do.

Soggy:
That groove is sometimes smaller or larger on various lights. On mine, 24# cave line won't fit into that groove and eventually starts sliding, no matter what I do.
I don't know what you're doing wrong man, cause I've had my light longer than you and the things hasn't budged. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom