Theme for Nov. 1-7: Row, row, row your boat....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justleesa

Neither here nor there
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
Naaaahhhhh just kidding! well maybe not....show us the boats you dive off of....whats the name of the boat? Why do you like diving off it? Pros and cons? If you know the size and how many it can accomidate and any other details that you find interesting....If using a company, you may write the name of the dive op.

Image by Turtleguy (Copyright) posted at ScubaGallery

Image by justleesa (Copyright) posted at ScubaGallery

justleesa:
Naaaahhhhh just kidding! well maybe not....show us the boats you dive off of....whats the name of the boat? Why do you like diving off it? Pros and cons? If you know the size and how many it can accomidate and any other details that you find interesting....If using a company, you may write the name of the dive op.

Image by Turtleguy (Copyright) posted at ScubaGallery

Kidding? I'm taking you very seriously. I'm not saying that this is my main dive boat, but I do use it for fossil and artifact river diving from time to time. It's called The POS, which stands for, well, the first 2 letters stand for "piece of". Maximum divers: 2 if you put it on the bank first. Sometimes it's easier to just drag it behind you when diving.-Clay
4207e500.jpg

and I always thought POS was "Point of Sale"!...lol

as long as it gets you where you want to go I'd say it works for me...

Lisa....I love both of them! The first reminds me of that Aahhhh feeling after a dive, putting off getting out of the water. And the range of blues in the second are great, especially with the rays.

yes, that is exactly what that picture does to ya - BTW, that's a picture that turtleguy took

here are a couple more:

!!! I forgot to write about the boat! The name of the boat we dive off of is Mo'olio and is the Hawaiian word for Seahorse. It is a twin engine jet boat that can accomidate up to 16 divers plus crew. Before it began it's life as a dive boat it was a whale/dolphin watch boat, the seating is more laid out for that.

I like the fact that there are two ladders in the back. Makes exit much quicker.
If the boat is full I find it a bit too tight. But thank goodness that doesn't happen everyday.

Aha, i thought that might get a comment or two.

Yep, just shy of two years. I worked on the Tahiti boat as the photo pro. I was part of the team that brought it over from Fiji in Aug/Sept of 2002 and worked on it until May of this year, so not quite two years. That trip from Fiji sucked...10-20 foot seas almost head on for 3 days, then 10 foot seas for the next 6. All in all 12 days to get to Tahiti, such fun.

But Tahiti was awesome, loads of great encounters with big fish, sharks, rays, dolphins etc.

Before that it was 3 years on the Palau Aggressor.
Soooo, lots of boat time for me.

Now with the Yap thing you will see that the new boat is attached to land! Enough boats for me for a while. Going land based to set up my own photo/video shop.
No more big seas for this boy.

Mike...the new boat looks like you'll need an eye patch, peg leg and resident shoulder sitting parrot!

Good luck in your new venture. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom