? for Venture wing users (did the search)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divad

Contributor
Reaction score
I've been using a Zeagle Scout bungeed-gusset wing with a SS BP which is trapping a little air. I think its actually trapping exhaled air externally in what is effecively a cowl formed by the bungeed gusset. Without the bungee it almost surrounds the tank. In any case, I'm tired of contorting myself and am looking at singles wings. At first, the square Venture wing intuitively looked "wrong'" but I'm starting to see some logic to its method; that it appears to be much narrower on the sides than the "other" brands. I can also get it for about $200.00 less than the other shell/bladder ones. So my question was/is, for people who have owned one for a while, what do you think of them now? Thanks,
Dave

Is there a question here????

I assume you're asking for experiences with the Dive-Rite "Venture" wing.

I love mine !! When I started off with the back plate/wing, I used the wing from my Zeagle "Tech". Needless to say, 65# was waaaay too much lift and material for a single.

Even with the weight required to get down with my 6.5 farmer john/jacket, the Venture wing provides ample buoyancy and is very streamlined.

If you purchase one from Dive-Rite Express, you can get a shorter inflation hoses installed for no additional charge. You can also opt to have the 90 degree dump valve replaced with a solid 90 degree elbow for about $8.00.

Leisure-Pro has a great buy on them right now. About $180 if I remember correctly.

Buy one, you'll like it.

IMO - one of the nicer singles wings on the market ... I wish they made one in a 40-lb version.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

The Kracken:
Is there a question here????

I assume you're asking for experiences with the Dive-Rite "Venture" wing.

I love mine !! When I started off with the back plate/wing, I used the wing from my Zeagle "Tech". Needless to say, 65# was waaaay too much lift and material for a single.

Even with the weight required to get down with my 6.5 farmer john/jacket, the Venture wing provides ample buoyancy and is very streamlined.

If you purchase one from Dive-Rite Express, you can get a shorter inflation hoses installed for no additional charge. You can also opt to have the 90 degree dump valve replaced with a solid 90 degree elbow for about $8.00.

Leisure-Pro has a great buy on them right now. About $180 if I remember correctly.

Buy one, you'll like it.

Thanks. I hadn't finished the ? before I hit some mystery-post-now-button. That's the answer I was looking for anyway. Let's see, three days not-in-bar..... that should cover it. I'm about to go get one now. Any cons?

None that I've experienced. I've about 40 dives on it now.

NWGratefulDiver:
IMO - one of the nicer singles wings on the market ... I wish they made one in a 40-lb version.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

That's it, ****work, I'm going over there now. Thanks Bob, I'm grateful.
Dave

I did too, until I lost 10 pounds.

I don't have any buoyancy issues. Doesn't anyone not-like the venture? For ANY
reason?

add another satisfied Venture owner to the list - I'm very happy with mine.

i

I like it too. About 20 dives on it from NY (dry suit and 18 #'s plus the ss plate) to key largo (2 mil and 2 pounds) and I love it. I was in 6+ ft. seas this past weekend and the wing floated me nicely in the water as I waited for the boat to get me. Underwater it is also very stable. Have fun!

Back
Top Bottom