Boiler Wreck

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jokeborn

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Does anyone know how the boiler wreck off of Vero beach fared through the storms? Was there any damage to it?

Lotsa damage in Vero...Boiler wreck is deep in the sand....Probably faired OK. but beach access is really marginal. The park to the south of the boiler is really wasted.

Gonna try Wabasso area this weekend...seas should be OK on Sat after the cold front passes until winds switches to the NE. The water is still very dirty

cudachaser:
Lotsa damage in Vero...Boiler wreck is deep in the sand....Probably faired OK. but beach access is really marginal. The park to the south of the boiler is really wasted.

Gonna try Wabasso area this weekend...seas should be OK on Sat after the cold front passes until winds switches to the NE. The water is still very dirty

Joe,
Are you going early on Saturday? I have a class to teach at 2:30... I haven't dove Wabasso in years... well... actually I went there last year or the year before... water was clear on top, but there was a silt layer just above the reef... 1' vis...

Al

I hear most all beach accesses are closed. I really want to try Wabasso...Many years ago I found a gold piece off the Turtle Mound accessway and since found many other artifacts like pottery chard from the 1715 fleet . I sure the storms have uncovered a lot of stuff. Sea conditions look perfect for Sat or Sun

Call me 537-9751

I actually got wet today.... but, it was in the pool. My 10 year old completed knowledge review #3 yesterday, so... we did pool session #3 today. He did great!!! He's going to be a great diver. I also completed PPB with my 15 year old. All he was missing was the pool work. After we did the pool work, we (everyone but my 15 yr old) took a ride down A1A to Vero to check out the Boiler Wreck and Wabasso.

This was the first time I've been down A1A since Frances and Jeanne wreaked havoc. A lot of expensive beach side property was severly damaged. I was amazed to see all the piles of insulation, sheet rock, furniture, and lumber on the side of A1A. We drove from Melbourne Beach to Vero.

The beach at Wabasso is still closed. Everything is gone... If I remember correctly, there was a board walk across the dunes and a bathroom at the south end. It's gone. Part of the parking lot is gone... the water was brown... so, I'm sure the visability was 0'.

So, we drove down to the Boiler Wreck. Yup... it looks like it's still there. I could see a piece of it still sticking up. The water was green... so, the vis was probably poor. At least it wasn't brown.

I'm going to try to attach pictures.

Al

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom