Depth of field chart Nikonos 20mm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Big Sky Dave:
For example at 3feet at f8 what would the depth of field be?
You should be able to get it from the lens setting. Failing that do a search on the internet for depth of field, I had one from the internet in favorites but seem to have lost it.
Good luck

Thanks cdiver2, I don't have the lens. I'm considering buying one on ebay. So I can't look at the lens. I've been searching the internet for several days. The thought of asking here.

Dave

I used to have that lens. It is a superb optic. For the most part I would pre-focus the lens to 60cm. At F11 just about anything is in focus.

Big Sky Dave:
Thanks cdiver2, I don't have the lens. I'm considering buying one on ebay. So I can't look at the lens. I've been searching the internet for several days. The thought of asking here.

Dave

The nikonos 20 mm is a great lens with LOTS of DOF, I have two. However I found that once I got the 15mm, I rarely ever used them. The 15 mm is more expensive, but much more versatile. It is considered the King of all UW optics, but even the sea & sea 15 mm ( prime lens, not the screw on converter ) is a great lens.

you may consider stepping up to the 15, I see them often on Ebay as well.

also, if you get the 20, hopefully it will come with the dedicated viewfinder! if not you will need to get one to properly compose your shots.

chris

WOW Cdiver2 whata cool tool! I checked it against the scales on my Nikonos 35mm lens and it looks like it's accurate for underwater use!

Chris, I thought about the 15mm. I decided on the 20 because what I'm trying to do now is get pics of trout in trout streams. Trout are real skitish so getting close is difficult, and the wider angle lens I use the smaller the trout will appear in the frame. Editors like BIG trout :). Everything in life/photography is a compromise, no?

Bought the lens, now I do need the view finder. Anyone have an extra DF12 lying around?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom