Jupiter trip report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Orlando Eric

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Visability was 25' and the sky was overcast. We dove the MT Zion and did not find the other HALF! The bottom is now 97' and you can not see the props due to sand. So the sand washed away enough to sink it several feet deeper than before and built up over the props! The other section is probably in the area but we did not find it. The Jenny is rotated 90* from it's orginal location and we did not find the Bonaire. The captian said he saw it on his sonar but we missed it. The Reef is covered in 4" of sand, but there is a new limestone reef and many new ledges that where covered before.

I saw a turtle and a nurse shark. Two divers where successful in getting a lobster and I saw many shorts. The current was strong but not describable as "ripping." The MT ZION was home to about a half dozen Miata sized Grouper. I saw a small spotted eel and many tropicals that where trying to make it on the sand covered reef.

There was a large piece of corragated fiberglass like the kind used for a skylight in the sand part of someone's house maybe. I did not find any gold but did get a HUGE shell and several others found good looking shells as well.

Overall not a A+ dive but still better than watching Deep Sea Detectives from the couch eating potatoe chips!

Hopefully it will clear up soon and become the diving that Jupiter was previously known for.

Thanks I will be in florida end of November looking for some dives and have heard about the sharks...so we may make it a stop..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom