Reels and Spool specs for DIR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

trymixdiver

Reaction score
Im looking for actual DIR reel and spool standards.

Brand, line size, reel size, line lenght ect

anything DIR about reels and spools. I am compling a list of DIR equipment and DIR gear configurations and im not finding alot of info.

Can one of your DIR cavers help me out

Thx in advance

Andy

Here's a further post:

It sounds like you're building an equipment checklist for a DIR diver - post it in here when you've finished so everyone can discuss it :)

Personally I'd like to see a definitive recommended tank/backplate material/exposure suit/fresh or salt water combinations chart for DIR - settle some of the never ending debates about steel versus Al backplates, steel versus Al tanks, etc for diving wet or dry, in fresh and salt water, so if someone is diving in a 7mm full wetsuit in cold salt water and they would like to dive doubles, they can look up the chart to see if twin 80 Als or twin PST 104s are most appropriate! Shouldn't take much more than a decade or so to compile!

Ben

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom