Very cold in October?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rottweiler

Registered
Reaction score
I got to finally use scuba last night for the first time. It was in a pool but was still the most awsome thing I have ever done.I'm about halfway through my Naui scuba course and soon I suppose we will be heading for the OW dive. I'm wondering just how cold the water might be or feel to be when we get out there. I'm in Nova Scotia and have never swam past Sept before. I do have a 7mm wetsuit,6mm boots,6mm hood and 6mm gloves. Think this will keep me warm enough for my first OW dive? Getting pretty excited here to go for it,last night was awsome but I really can't wait now to do what I did last night in the OW.

You'll be plenty warm, the water is quite nice this time of year. If you're out in the near future, you can expect temps in the 50's on a shore dive. We were on the SS Atlantic a few weeks ago, and we had 56 F on the bottom (75'), it was fantastic.

Enjoy yourself, and welcome to the sport...

chris

Was out last weekend at Deer Island point Nb, water temperature in the bay of fundy was 9C at depth.. it was great.

Well I finally did get out and do my OW dive and it turned out that the water was very warm indeed. Bottom Temp was about 12 C and the air was 10. Not bad at all. Had a lot of fun and finally finished the course off. Now just waiting to go out and do a dive where I don't have to run through every skill and can focus on just having a fun dive.

Congratulations.
Glad to hear you got the course finished. Drop a line if your ever in NB and want to go diving.

I did a dive off Deer Island Point yesterday and temp was 48F.. down 2deg from 2wks ago.. could feel the diff, really need to get in a dry suit before it's in the 30's!

hehe.. Fundy Dive equipment isnt far from deer island.. actually it's on the way to the ferry out the Masscrene road. Joe Hunt Sells Abyss Drysuits.. I got mine there and he's just been excellent.. I did have to have it resized just a little smaller.. and it was no charge to me. Joe Has been great and he asked a lot of questions like what sort of divign am I doing, gave suggestions on other suits.. and pros and cons to other suits as apposed to abyss.. He has very reasonable pricing too.. if your looking for a good dry suit I suggest you talk to Joe Hunt at Fundy Dive Equipment.....

Also when I was last out at deer island almost 3 weeks ago it was 49 degrees.. brrr:p

Firediver:
hehe.. Fundy Dive equipment isnt far from deer island.. actually it's on the way to the ferry out the Masscrene road. Joe Hunt Sells Abyss Drysuits.. I got mine there and he's just been excellent.. I did have to have it resized just a little smaller.. and it was no charge to me. Joe Has been great and he asked a lot of questions like what sort of divign am I doing, gave suggestions on other suits.. and pros and cons to other suits as apposed to abyss.. He has very reasonable pricing too.. if your looking for a good dry suit I suggest you talk to Joe Hunt at Fundy Dive Equipment.....

Also when I was last out at deer island almost 3 weeks ago it was 49 degrees.. brrr:p
Is it OK for a New England diver to comment here? Good..I thought so. I just want to say that you guys ought to look into your own homegrown drysuits. I am diving in an Atlan Neoprene suit down here...last week the water temps were about 45 degrees. That suit is made in Canada and is very popular here in NE. The best part is that it is very warm. try it guys...you'll like it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom