Will Ginnie Springs be divable anytime soon??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tao of the Dive

Rabid Otter Spotter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Does anybody live near Ginnie Springs, or been there recently during the closure? The reason I ask, I'v got a day trip that has been planned for months, and I recently discovered they are clsoed due to the flooding. My interest is in anyone that has seen iot, taken pictures of the flooding, and any information that will tell me how close they are to reopening. THanks.

Allllllllllll the springs have some serious flow and flooding. Its absolutely incredible.. if Ginnie is closed, check out Blue Spring, I know that one is open. Just remember to put on rodeo clown paint first, you'll need it with the manatee in there :)

How much does that suck eh?

Ginnie is NOW open. The main is open and clear, with water receded back over the platforms. Some minor parking lot flooding still exists but should be clear by next weekend as well. The devil system is still flooded, but should be blown out by next weekend.

DEEPSEAWOLF:
Ginnie is NOW open. The main is open and clear, with water receded back over the platforms. Some minor parking lot flooding still exists but should be clear by next weekend as well. The devil system is still flooded, but should be blown out by next weekend.

blown out is the wrong term to use, as blown out is a bad thing, blown out is what they are now. lol

Sorry, :) and THIS boys and girls, brings me to my next point,...
DON'T SMOKE CRACK!!!!!
Non-caver gets schooled on terms.
Definition of "Blown out"
Caver terminology - silted, viz of zero
Orthopedic terminology - cartilage shredded, will require artificial knee replacement
Police terminology - caused the accident, faulty recaps, two fatalities
Las Vegas terminology - no more money, plane tickets home hocked and lost
6th street terminology - usually precedes the phrase "Are you a cop?"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom