Bradenton - 10/16

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

simbrooks

Snr LayZboy Meteorologist
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Smokey, Madeline and myself are congregating on Bradenton this saturday. I will be driving over from WPB in the morning and aiming to meet up around 9am or so.

Was thinking we would try Spanish Rocks, the Regina and Third Pier - maybe in that order. You can find details of the dives in Deloach's book under those names. I would like to find Spanish Rocks finally after a failed attempt (didnt swim out far enough) to locate it a few months ago, the other two i know where they are. I will be in touch with Smokeaire during the drive on saturday, but not really before that, so post here and hopefully he will see it and relay anything on.

Of course we dont know the "damage" from Charley a few months back, with sand deposited on the reefs or not. The winds hasnt been too favourable this week, so i am not expecting great viz, but you can always hope and i will bring my buddy line just in case :wink:

Think I'm just going to settle for Lake Denton and work on some stuff.
Simmon maybe you should grab your doubles and join me. The water level has to be high so you should get deep enough to work the bouyancy good.
If you don't want to that's ok too.
I don't think Bradenton is going to be all the great this weekend.
But I could be wrong.
Fred

Can you say "Surfs up!" that along with some very healthy rip currents made this a no dive.
But did talk to the owners of Sea Trek and recieved some good pointers for next time.
Oh well it's not DisneyLand.

SmokeAire: Nice meeting the two of you again.. Most of my recent time
has been spent up in Sarasota now that I'm working here.. So, I'll be doing
more Sugar Barge diving than down in Venice.. Give me a shout the next
time you head this way and I'll meet you at "the barge"..

we met a nice lady lorrain, owner of Seatek Dive shop across from the sugar barge, she wants to do a Guiness book of record dive this spring when it gets warmer, last count of divers in the water was 550? she will need lots of divers, this sounds like fun, :dazzler1:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom