Back Plate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Morg_NZ

Contributor
Reaction score
Has anyone seen a design or "patten" for a home brewed back plate that can be fabricated from ss ??

I've looked everywhere but so far nothing

Morg_NZ:
Has anyone seen a design or "patten" for a home brewed back plate that can be fabricated from ss ??

I've looked everywhere but so far nothing

This question is more for DIY then DIR forum :wink:

MonkSeal:
This question is more for DIY then DIR forum :wink:
Yeh but the DIY forum is more like " wanting to make home made camera case etc etc"

Thought the DIR crew would have more of a clue to the real needs of a back plate rather than just the colour

Morg_NZ:
Yeh but the DIY forum is more like " wanting to make home made camera case etc etc"

Thought the DIR crew would have more of a clue to the real needs of a back plate rather than just the colour
Hmmmmm..It where I got my plans for the BP..and it had no mention of color.

Hey Morg
Haven't seen any posts from you in a long time. You know I have seen a thread or two in the last months on people making thier own backplates, but I can't recall the thread names. I do recall, however, that the maker was using a huge bending press to make teh channel and get the angles and it did not seem in any way like something that could be done at home (my home anyway).

So are you in Thailand now?

Check out this link. It's on my DIY site.

Backplate

Padipro:

Backplate

Whoah! :11:
Those are some serious plans. Do you have a space shuttle design on your site as well? :wink:

I would suppose you need some serious leverage to bend a plate like that...

Padipro:

Backplate

Are those plans your own design or is "kind of" like one all ready being built. Are the length, width and bend typical of most BP's? Looks good, might build one at work next week.

Rick

No, not mine. I found them on the net a few years ago. If you make one please post a couple of pictures on the DIY site. I'd like to see how it turns out.

Hey Padipro, That is what I got also. I made 1 myself and it works fine. Only it did not have the measurements for the tank band slots. If not mistaken, it is the OMS design. After trying it out, I decided to buy 1 which is ready made from S&W Metalworks. It comes with the slot for the tank bands and also a slot for your hand to hold the backplate.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom