Diving in Pompano, need a good hotel in either FLL or Pompano

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DBADiver

New
Reaction score
I've never been to the area but will be diving in Pompano in a couple weeks. I'll be there with 4 twenty somethings (only 2 divers) who want to go out at night, and was a little worried that Pompano might not be as interesting to the non-divers (things to do during the day, vacinity night life, etc) as Fort Lauderdale. Could anyone recommend a hotel? Just something nice a fun to stay at that's not more than 15 miles or so from Pompano Beach.. a hot tub would be a plus too. I'd prefer to spend less than $100 a night for a room is possible unless something a little more was really worth it.

I did try searching some here, on Trip Advisor, and on Hotels.com too, just wanted to get an opinion from a diver. :)

Thanks,
Tom

I´ve stayed at the days inn (something like 70$/night/doubleroom). Just make sure that you book the one @ 4221 North Ocean Blvd (A1A), Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308 and not the other one as that is in, what the locals at least, referred to as a "bad neighbourhood"...
I´ve also stayed @ the executive economy lodge (40$/night/doubleroom) which was fine, if a bit run down...if you or your friends want something more than a bed and a tv that might not be for you though...even if my room did have a bathtub (without a plug though) and a small pool...

Those are the only 2 places I´ve stayed in...

DBADiver:
I've never been to the area but will be diving in Pompano in a couple weeks. I'll be there with 4 twenty somethings (only 2 divers) who want to go out at night, and was a little worried that Pompano might not be as interesting to the non-divers (things to do during the day, vacinity night life, etc) as Fort Lauderdale. Could anyone recommend a hotel? Just something nice a fun to stay at that's not more than 15 miles or so from Pompano Beach.. a hot tub would be a plus too. I'd prefer to spend less than $100 a night for a room is possible unless something a little more was really worth it.

I did try searching some here, on Trip Advisor, and on Hotels.com too, just wanted to get an opinion from a diver. :)

Thanks,
Tom

Deerfield Beach is about 3 miles north of Pompano via A1A. Search hotels.com and you will see Howard Johnson and an Embassy Suites. Both are right on the beach. You can also dive right off the beach in Deerfield. I can't speak to the night life but there are a couple of new restaurants/bars on the beach within walking distance and you would be about 1 mile south of Boca.

Pompano is kind of desolate. You can get an apartement on the beach in Lauderdale-by-the-Sea for less than $100.00 a night, there's a little more to do and its within jogging distance of Pompano. If you want, I can PM you the place I stay which is one street from the beach, really clean and doesn't allow riffraff. The publix is up the street (assuming you can make better food than you can buy in a restaurant).

Diver special $49 per night @ Super 8 Motel 4112 w. blue heron Blvd., Riviera Beach, FL 33404 551-848-1188, ask for the diver special. Super 8 Motel 757 US Hwy 1, N. Palm Beach, FL 33408 561-848-1424 Diver rate is $51. Knights Inn 561-689-0450, Diver Rate $49 to $59, 2300 45th St. W. Palm Beach, FL , Holiday Inn Express, I-95 @ Boynton Beach Blvd., Boyntion Beach, FL 888-271-6540 Diver Rate $49 to $69. Or Days Inn Oceanfront Resort, 800-242-6368 2700 N. Ocean Dr., Singer Island, FL 33404. Don't remember the rate.

Hope this helps. :11ztongue

metaldector:
Diver special $49 per night @ Super 8 Motel 4112 w. blue heron Blvd., Riviera Beach, FL 33404 551-848-1188, ask for the diver special. Super 8 Motel 757 US Hwy 1, N. Palm Beach, FL 33408 561-848-1424 Diver rate is $51. Knights Inn 561-689-0450, Diver Rate $49 to $59, 2300 45th St. W. Palm Beach, FL , Holiday Inn Express, I-95 @ Boynton Beach Blvd., Boyntion Beach, FL 888-271-6540 Diver Rate $49 to $69. Or Days Inn Oceanfront Resort, 800-242-6368 2700 N. Ocean Dr., Singer Island, FL 33404. Don't remember the rate.

Hope this helps. :11ztongue

You've got him going way far north of Pompano. Like 45+ minutes.

Make sure you eat at:

PIRANHA PATS (FLANIGAN'S)
2500 E. Atlantic Boulevard
Pompano Beach 33062

This is where all the local's who know eat lunch and dinner. It has a "dive bar" feel to it but the food is not bar fare. They have great local fish prepared how ever you like, cheap. Also, the chicken wings are popular. Of course, its not a bad place to just have a beer. Everytime I'm in town I have to stop by. Even my wife, who is a stuck up NYer loves it.

weekender:
Make sure you eat at:

PIRANHA PATS (FLANIGAN'S)
2500 E. Atlantic Boulevard
Pompano Beach 33062

Even my wife, who is a stuck up NYer loves it.

I've never seen ANY thing in twenty years in Manhattan to be stuck up about. Maybe I'm not getting it. I'll try the restaurant unless I see any NY posers in there. Or poseurs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom