Resort / marina in Key largo , looking for info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Life-Is-Good-Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi, were heading down to the Key's next weekend, from 10/22 to 10/25 , for 3 day's.

First Question does anyone know any resort style place's to stay that would have access to a marina where i could leave my boat in the water while we stay in the Key's, so we don't have to keep putting the boat on and off the trailer everytime we use it? (Key Largo)

2nd, in between wreck dive's, my wife and my buddies wife would like to dive shallow, like 35' range, i know of the Benwood, any other suggestions? I have The under water to Florida dive guide, with all the GPS cordinates,, so i can chart just about anything out with my chart plotter. Also a descripsion of the places to stay would be great also, we were looking at Ocean Point Suite's, or The Sheardon, i know both of them have marina's, but i dont know their policey's, thanks!

Also we will be doing night dives 2 night's, any other suggestions other then The Benwood?

There is a place a little farther down (not much) that I believe is called "Ocean Pointe". Nice Condo style units with a small marina right on site. I'm not sure of the policy for leaving your boat in the water multiple days. We stayed there about 18 months ago with no complaints.

JPG:
There is a place a little farther down (not much) that I believe is called "Ocean Pointe". Nice Condo style units with a small marina right on site. I'm not sure of the policy for leaving your boat in the water multiple days. We stayed there about 18 months ago with no complaints.

I heard Ocean Point is about 10 miles south of John Penny Camp, how was there Suite's? Clean? Newley redon? Etc, thanks

check out Neptunes Hideaway at www.neptuneshideaway.com

Hobo's Restaurant is right next door... good stuff!

For something with more amenities (like swimming pools and tiki bars) check out Key Largo Resorts & Marina at www.keylargomarina.com

For shallow diving, the Benwood and French Reef are nearby the Spiegel Grove. French Reef features several "swim-thru" caves in the 30-35' depth range (second row of mooring balls from shore). Molasses Reef is nearby the Bibb & Duane, and features loads of fishes, critters and high profile corals in the 30-40' depth range, as well as a nice "drop-off" for drifting in the 60-100' depth range. Molasses Reef is an awesome night dive, as is Snapper Ledge (a few miles south of Molasses).

Enjoy!

KeyLargoBrent:

For something with more amenities (like swimming pools and tiki bars) check out Key Largo Resorts & Marina at www.keylargomarina.com

For shallow diving, the Benwood and French Reef are nearby the Spiegel Grove. French Reef features several "swim-thru" caves in the 30-35' depth range (second row of mooring balls from shore). Molasses Reef is nearby the Bibb & Duane, and features loads of fishes, critters and high profile corals in the 30-40' depth range, as well as a nice "drop-off" for drifting in the 60-100' depth range. Molasses Reef is an awesome night dive, as is Snapper Ledge (a few miles south of Molasses).

Enjoy!

Thanks!!! Im printing this out for next weekend!! Sounds good, as they are newley divers, and would love to dive some of those spots!! Well be down there for 4 days, so we should be able to get alot of dives in, with 2 night dives, im looking them up right now, and programming them into my chart plotter!! Thanks:)

KeyLargoBrent:

Enjoy!

Neptunes Hideaway was perfect!! But sold out for next weekend ;( I like there captians room, and they dont charge a fee like Marina Del Mar, and most others , which is usalley around $3.00 a foot per night!!

FLTEKDIVER:
Neptunes Hideaway was perfect!! But sold out for next weekend ;( I like there captians room, and they dont charge a fee like Marina Del Mar, and most others , which is usalley around $3.00 a foot per night!!
See Tropic Vista dive resort Tavernier
Call Toni,they run a Great Opp,And rooms a re nice for a dive resort,Hotel is on Canal,and they have room to tie up ask for charge,They are in Tavenier and have dive shop on site,air fills,warm pool after them dives,Bar and food next door/well off pool with good food and deals if you stay,They have a newer dive boat,Great staff to help you out,and your boat if they have room is 10'from your room!short trip to Ocean!
and EAT AT CRAIGS ONE NIGHT!!!Fish sandwich a must try! I will drive 2400 miles one way for one!
Brad

Another one is Port Largo Villas - dockage if you stay with them is CHEAP!!!

FLTEKDIVER:
I heard Ocean Point is about 10 miles south of John Penny Camp, how was there Suite's? Clean? Newley redon? Etc, thanks
The units were nice. Very clean, helpful staff nice pool on site and a little beach with decent snorkeling. The condos we were in looked out over the water with only bush in between the condo and water. Sorry I don't have a link for you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom