Big Ol' Napolean Wrasse (SS Yongala, Australia)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marriard

Contributor
Reaction score
One of the reasons to dive the SS Yongala in Queensland, Australia is the presence of many larger fish - including sharks, rays, turtles, trevally, sea snakes, grouper and of course several of these Napolean or Humphead Wrasse.

And when you get there and the visibility is almost 100ft - perhaps the best I have ever seen on this wreck in over 10 trips, then you know that it is going to be one hell of a day.

22004_0918_132918AA_1.jpg

Enjoy,
M

Great shot. We don't have those big buggahs here.

Fish there are HUGE! I've never seen such big Moorish Idols in my life.

Another shot of the big fella, this time in perspective:

Jeepers :) thats a biggun!

Cool fish!

Marriard:
And when you get there and the visibility is almost 100ft - perhaps the best I have ever seen on this wreck in over 10 trips, then you know that it is going to be one hell of a day.

What a great shot! When I dived the Yongala this February, the viz was quite bad... So none of my images turned out good because of the backscatter... :( But I loved it, the life down there was incredible!

Gabyne

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom