Hi Everyone, I'm back......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chippy

Contributor
Reaction score
From two weeks of sun, sand, sea and scuba in Egypt.

Of course it goes without saying that the camera came too. Boy, am I jealous of all of you guys who get to shoot in blue waters all the time.

Anyway, onto the pics......I was blessed with a whole heap of luck in finding weird and wonderful creatures to shoot. I won't post loads of pics here, but here's some of my favourites:-

Anemonefish6.jpg

Reef%20scene.jpg

moray%205.jpg

crocodilefish%203.jpg

Anemonefish.jpg

For those that are interested all were shot in RAW, at the 12.1 mp resolution, ISO100, Manual Mode and using dual strobes:-

1 - Anemone fish - 105mm Macro 1/125th @ F11

2 - Reef Scene - 18-70mm (the new D70 lens) @ 18mm (in a macro port) - 1/60th @ F6.7

3 - Crocodilefish Eyes - 105mm Macro 1/125th @ F8 (I should have really gone to F16 to get a bit more depth of field in or gone the other way and used F5.6 to just get the eyes in focus)

4 - Moray - 105mm macro - 1/125th @ F8

5 - Anemonefish - 105mm - 1/125th @ F16 (actually took this one snorkelling!!)

WOW thanks for posting those pics lets have a few more I am off tommorow to a quarry doing check outs hardly the red sea, the pics remind me of why I love the water

love the pics but may I ask why you put your copyright smack dab in the middle, it takes away from the pic itself. Why not have it in a bottom corner or top corner.

They are beauty...keep it up.

starfish365:
love the pics but may I ask why you put your copyright smack dab in the middle, it takes away from the pic itself. Why not have it in a bottom corner or top corner.

Basically, they are hosted from my own site. I used to have them along one edge, however it's far to easy for unscrupulous people of there to copy them and crop off the watermark.

Excellent pics! Holy Cow!!

Missed ya Chippy...and I don't really remember you asking if you could go off to my beloved Red Sea without me! :wink:

Fantastic as usuall, how was your bouyancy with your heavy rig in the much saltier (?) waters of the Red Sea?

PS: I just went to your gallery. Is ther a way to just look thru the red sea photos, without having the page reload every time?

What Color unbelievable!!! You good man!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom