how to clean my mask?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yukoneer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have dirt between the seam of the glass/len and the mask.. i tried to capture the a picture with my camera to show what I mean.

How do I clean this area? it seems to be stuck in there...

Actually, that is my mask, Yukoneer was posting it for me. It is Cressi Big-Eye mask that I just bought last spring. I really need your tips of how to clean out the dirts. Let me know if it is impossible, then I won't damage it any further.

Is it dirt or is it mildew? It's hard to tell by the photo. Do you allow your mask to dry completely before storing it? Wish I could help you on this one.
Ber :lilbunny:

yukoneer:
I have dirt between the seam of the glass/len and the mask.. i tried to capture the a picture with my camera to show what I mean.

How do I clean this area? it seems to be stuck in there...

I wrote this article for my Wiki just a few days ago
http://albertson.dyndns.org/twiki/bin/view/Sandbox/TakeapartMask

What do you all think of it. Feel free to improve it if you think it can be etter written

ChrisA, thanks a lot!!! I did assembled it and cleaned thoroughly! Now my mask is as good as new! Your explanation from your link that you gave me, I did what you said so everything you said is fine.

Thanks Ber Rabbit for trying to help me but my mask is cleaned now!

Back
Top Bottom