Converting Digital to Slides?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aggie Diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm just curious, can you take in digital prints (say on a CD or memory card) and have them put out to slides?

Probably a dumb question, but personal curiosity.

Not a dumb question, Yes you can But why?

there is a device called a film recorder! or the easy way, project the image using a digital projector and shoot it with a film camera using a tripod!

Chris

aggie diver

yes it is possible to do that, but for the most part to get high quality slides you need to have a digital file that is 8,000 Dpi

chris question, why would you take a high quality file and projected through a projector that will change the color and contrast,etc even the best projectors only have about 2mp worth of resolution to me thats pretty devesating to the overall image quality.

FWIW

tooth

Thanks for the input.

I was asking cuz' the pops has a slide projector/screen/setup, figured if possible it'd be a lot easier to do that than to sink $1000+ on a digital projector.

Aggie Diver:
Thanks for the input.

I was asking cuz' the pops has a slide projector/screen/setup, figured if possible it'd be a lot easier to do that than to sink $1000+ on a digital projector.

I've given quite a number of underwater slide shows for schools, church, retirement center and the city's Camera Club. I think that if you would get a device to run your CD's onto a TV screen would be a better idea. How about purchasing a flat screen and then get a program to show them on it. That would be more of what todays technology has to offer. I have'nt done this yet myself, but I want to. What's keeping me from doing it is the cost of a really good DSLR (Nikon DX2 or Cannon 20D) and a housing, plus the cost of a plasma TV or digital flat screen. When you think about it a digital projector isn't all that expensive!

Dive Safe,
Caymanaic

Scubatooth:
aggie diver

chris question, why would you take a high quality file and projected through a projector that will change the color and contrast,etc even the best projectors only have about 2mp worth of resolution to me thats pretty devesating to the overall image quality.

FWIW

tooth

Not that I would do it, just offering suggestions! :)

I am more concerned about going the other way! Slide to digital! I will actually be trying my old Bowens Illumitron slide duplicator with the Fuji S2 to make quick dupes of slide for presentations only! then hopefully in the future when Digital starts to rival Film grain resolution I can use that system to make digital copies of my film images. I know that Drum Scans are the way to go, but there are NO drum scanners on Guam and just the thought of sending my originals off Island scares the crap out of me!

anyway, now just an idea! but I hate scanning! with the copy stand I have real control of the focus and exposure not to mention a very high quality enlarging lens!

chris, i understand what you were saying about that, and i would be scared to send my stuff out to get done even if it was going from dallas to Los angeles where theres a lab i have used in the past, thats why i use a local lab that does the same exact quality as the LA lab but i can watch the whole process if i wish. (just as a question how do you digitize your film negs or slides?)

aggie diver if you get a chance to come up to dallas (or over internet) there are several places i know in dallas that do this type of service (www.bwc.net theres a price list on the site to and there very responceive via email) and would be willing to show you them and help you get it done

tooth

Back
Top Bottom