Questions on Pressure gauges

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I have just bought a new regulator and switching lines off my old reg. My pressure gauges are both low pressure hosed and are not registering on the new regulator ports. What am I missing here?

How old is your old reg? Older regs sometimes had HP ports the same thread as LP ports. Newer Regs use a different size. Is it possible you are hooked into a Low Pressure Port?

jamiep3:
How old is your old reg? Older regs sometimes had HP ports the same thread as LP ports. Newer Regs use a different size. Is it possible you are hooked into a Low Pressure Port?

You are right! After I thought about it further, I called one of the local dive shops for some further imput. The older gauges had smaller threads on the hP sides. I am going to have to get a couple of new hp hosed pressure gauges to update. It is kind of like keeping older cars. You will eventually just give in to the fact that it becomes too inconvient to keep up the maintainance side as parts are scarce. My old reg's are
great workhorses but for vacation spots, I cannot get the parts for quick repairs. I am just surcoming to our more disposable lifestyle I guess. Thanks for your imput.

cbredtercon:
You are right! After I thought about it further, I called one of the local dive shops for some further imput. The older gauges had smaller threads on the hP sides. I am going to have to get a couple of new hp hosed pressure gauges to update. It is kind of like keeping older cars. You will eventually just give in to the fact that it becomes too inconvient to keep up the maintainance side as parts are scarce. My old reg's are
great workhorses but for vacation spots, I cannot get the parts for quick repairs. I am just surcoming to our more disposable lifestyle I guess. Thanks for your imput.

You can probably just change hoses. Alternatively, you could get a thread adapter as long as you were sure it was high-pressure rated. (See, for example, the table "HP & LP Scuba Adapters" here.)

Replacing the hose is probably a better idea, though -- hoses do age.

lairdb:
You can probably just change hoses. Alternatively, you could get a thread adapter as long as you were sure it was high-pressure rated. (See, for example, the table "HP & LP Scuba Adapters" here.)

Replacing the hose is probably a better idea, though -- hoses do age.

Thank you for link. It makes perfect sense. I know the gauges are fine and one of the hose is about 4 years young. I appreciate your help. :crafty:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom