lookinig for guided dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DAVE670

Registered
Reaction score
I'm going to be in Pompano beach next weekend and would like to do some scuba diving. I'm looking for a local operator that has a divemaster or guide in the water.
any suggestions?

I dived with seahorse scuba a week or two ago.. Nice operation.

If you don't have a dive buddy, they will be able to match you with someone on the boat.

Conditions appeared to be great, 20+m vis and warm water.

DAVE670:
I'm going to be in Pompano beach next weekend and would like to do some scuba diving. I'm looking for a local operator that has a divemaster or guide in the water. any suggestions?
Dave, I've only seen instructors with students supervising from the water here. How about this - post a "trip" or join one that's already announced so that you could be with one of us - almost none of us are DMs but we know the local issues and are at LEAST as much fun as your basic DM. If all else fails, "hire" somebody like Marvel or ScubaJenny to go along by paying for their ride, about $45. These two know safety, how to get the most out of a dive, and are FUN. There are many others online here as well - these two just came to mind first.

DAVE670:
I'm going to be in Pompano beach next weekend and would like to do some scuba diving. I'm looking for a local operator that has a divemaster or guide in the water.
any suggestions?

Hey Dave,
see you build roads too! Im Heavy and highway also!Im Heading down in several weeks also,But yes Splashdown has a DM in the water with you & is not to far north of Pompano,Great operation try to get one day of dives in with them,its well worth the short trip up!the sites they cover are nice,and location easy to find.Otherwise there are several operators out of north pompano area that could set you up with a bud if you do a boat dive,I know its kind of hard to do but if your not comfortable with the deal dont do the dive!
AND keep an eye on the board tons of locals can hook you up to a loacal that knows the area,the ocean is not like the big pond up here!well not yet guess now we have some ugly fish that has a mean set of teeth too in lake michigan!
Have a great trip,weather should be great this time of year,
Brad

P.S. Dont forget to eat at Pirahna Pats-Flanigans,The food is way to good and its just a great place to chow after burning a few tanks,one is just a few blocks west of A-1A In Pompano,The ribs are to die for,or dive for!
Brad

Most boats will let you pay for a Dive Master. I think this is probably your best and safest bet. They have insurance and are able to show you around the block a few times.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom