When Does lobster season end?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't know the exact date or remember the formula (it's like the 1st WEd. after the first Sat. after the first full moon, or something weird like that) but I do know it ends in March. It's approx. a 6-month season, so there's still plenty of time left to get your bugs.

saf_25:
I don't know the exact date or remember the formula (it's like the 1st WEd. after the first Sat. after the first full moon, or something weird like that) but I do know it ends in March. It's approx. a 6-month season, so there's still plenty of time left to get your bugs.

I think it starts the first saturday after the first wedensday of october.

The public Lobster season in California starts the Saturday before the first Wednesday in October. The Commercial season starts on the first Saturday in October. Lobster season ends on the Wednesday after the 15th of March.
This pattern repeats every year unles DFG decides to change it.

No, no, no! You have it all wrong! Lobster season ended yesterday! Stay out of the water at night; don't carry a game bag or lobster guage...or Fish and Game will cite you.

If you see me out there, I'm just practicing for next year! Really!

[Luckily, lobster season is open until mid-March and we have plenty of time to fill our game bags. Good hunting.]

jlyle:
No, no, no! You have it all wrong! Lobster season ended yesterday! Stay out of the water at night; don't carry a game bag or lobster guage...or Fish and Game will cite you.

If you see me out there, I'm just practicing for next year! Really!

DOH! My bad! I totally mis-read the Fish and Chips, err... Game laws!
He is right fols, lobster season is over. There are no more lobster here, they migrate south for the winter, you know?

Back
Top Bottom