Pictures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice pictures. But don't "puff" the puffers. It is equivalent to a mild heart attack and will kill them after a few times. It is a defensive mechanism for them and they only use it when it is puff or die.

Cool website!

Joe

Nice pics, but I agree....puffing puffers is a big no no. There's no reason to harass them to make them do it.

Like the web site...quite different to a lot of others.

Looks like your girlfriend will have a great time with her strobe. It would be interesting to know what set-up was used for the photos.

I'd be remiss if I didn't say that I don't think annoying marine creatures for a photo etc is a definite breach of underwater etiquette. It is. Pretty much a good rule of thumb is don't touch it and if someone else in your group does, don't shoot it & have a word to them, nicely, about it once you are back on the surface.

Looking forward to more photos :)

I had no idea about the puffer fish. The other guy that was with us was the dive master. He actually made the puffer puff up and then handed it to me. I had no idea that it hurt the fish. I will make sure that will never happen again. Thanks so much for telling me that. That is actually the first time I have ever touched anything in the ocean while diving and I have been certified for 15 years. I guess that goes to show that I need to do more research about marine life :)

Oh As far as my Girlfriends setup. She purchased a Olympus Stylus 300 some time back. For her birthday I gave her the PT-016 housing from Olympus. Right before we went to Venezuela I got her the Inon D-180 Strobe and required hardware. Pretty cool setup and she seems to enjoy it also. There is just a lot of stuff she needs to know and that will come with time and experience. But for now, she is just having fun with it.

Back
Top Bottom