Chartering Plane from Roatan to Utila??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Umbraphile
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
Anyone know how to do this? We'll be 10 to 20 arriving in Roatan on a Saturday after the one flight leaves, and weill need to charter one we can depend on.

I may have found a current email to request information? I dunno'?

Anyone done this, and wanta' tell me how...? :crafty:

DandyDon:
Anyone know how to do this? We'll be 10 to 20 arriving in Roatan on a Saturday after the one flight leaves, and weill need to charter one we can depend on.

I may have found a current email to request information? I dunno'?

Anyone done this, and wanta' tell me how...? :crafty:

Don- Gil Garcia of Roatan Air Services does aircharters, but I don't think he can take more than about 3 people at a time. Sosa or Atlantida may do a special flight for you with that many people- it's worth asking them. If it were me with 20 people, I would consider chartering a boat- there are several on the island that can accomadate you, and I know that BIBR does this occasionally. You can check out websites and information on www.roatanet.com good luck!
-Jacque

mjnansen:
Don- Gil Garcia of Roatan Air Services does aircharters, but I don't think he can take more than about 3 people at a time. Sosa or Atlantida may do a special flight for you with that many people- it's worth asking them. If it were me with 20 people, I would consider chartering a boat- there are several on the island that can accomadate you, and I know that BIBR does this occasionally. You can check out websites and information on www.roatanet.com good luck!
-Jacque

Thanks, but I'd rather charter a 15 minute plane than move the people and bags from RTB airport to a pier and hope the boat would be good for a 2 hour ride. Need to get there.

So, how do I make arrangements with Altantida, please...?

DandyDon:
Thanks, but I'd rather charter a 15 minute plane than move the people and bags from RTB airport to a pier and hope the boat would be good for a 2 hour ride. Need to get there.

So, how do I make arrangements with Altantida, please...?

Call 800 282-8932 and ask for Debbie at the Air Desk.

RoatanMan:
Call 800 282-8932 and ask for Debbie at the Air Desk.

Thanks! Hope they won't mind handling just the island hopper, as I've got the resort covered and the jets at discount prices in process. :palmtree:

Don,
I don't think the airstrip on Utila is lighted. I was told that is why there are no later flights.

Please post what you find out.

Joe

scubajoe:
Don,
I don't think the airstrip on Utila is lighted. I was told that is why there are no later flights.

Please post what you find out.

Joe
I wonder how many cars with working headlights they have in town. They could line up on the strip? :auto:

Yeah, the sun sets about 6pm, so if we can get out by 4pm, get there by 4:10.

Got a confirmation on a charter today, but she had the pickup town wrong. Who knows?

I expect they'll put a regular flight on after Cont Air adds their second flight, but just in case...?! :new_smili

Okay, heard back from Roatan Charters, the Florida office that RoatanMan suggested.

My own plane (I like the sound of that! :colgate: ) from Roatan to Utila will be $900 RT for up to 10, $90 a head additional beyond 10.

I suspect that an additional scheduled flight may be added anyway after Continetnal Air adds the later arrival, but I like the idea of my plane, that will wait for me if my jet is late arriving, etc.

Wonder if I'm missing anything here? :dunce:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom