venice beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Miller

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Okay. The plans are made. Will be in Venice the first week of November. I hope I have better luck this time down. This past summer was a total wash. I will try to be on the beach October 31, Halloween. All dressed up and ready to go. Do you all have a special sign or meeting place? So new comers can find you.

Miller,

We actually dive about 1/4 mile south of the main Venice Beach. You get there by turning at the traffic light BEFORE the beach and turn on the 5th street to the right. This is Alhambra St., go to the end and do not block the driveways for the condos.

I might see you there, usual time for everyone is 8:30-9ish.

Wildbill:cop_2:

I'll try to be there as well.

Don't forget we need to plan our 2nd annual Turkey fry!

Wildbill:
Miller,

We actually dive about 1/4 mile south of the main Venice Beach. You get there by turning at the traffic light BEFORE the beach and turn on the 5th street to the right. This is Alhambra St., go to the end and do not block the driveways for the condos.

I might see you there, usual time for everyone is 8:30-9ish.

Wildbill:cop_2:

if you are up to it walter, my self and a small group will be meeting at the public beach around 9:00 a.m. this comming saturday morning to do the usual.

I've got 3 people in my group at the momant. I usually dive down by the airport. So this will be a new experiance. :)

So we just meet on Alhambra St? Do we gear up at the car, or take the gear down to the beach?

Erik

People do it both ways. I see no advantage in gearing up at the beach. I put on the gear at my car and walk straight into the water.

Gear at the car, trot to the water to warm up... bellyflop just north of the pipes and swim 120 yards! Look for black pebble rocks on the bottom.. though, the sand bar has been blown all over the area now so you'll have to fan a little :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom