Lanai, Hawaii - Any Tips?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

humanFish

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
A non-divng friend has offered my wife and I a free place to stay on the island of Lanai in February. We are planning to stay for a week or so. Does anyone have any recommendations regarding operators or locations? I understand a lot of diving is done off of Lanai, but it seems most charters operate out of Maui.

Any informaiton on charters, operators, sites, or shores dives...or anything else you know about Lanai would be appreciated...

thanks!

Even if you aren't going to stay there, you could call up the concierge at Manele Bay Hotel and inquire. They will probably tell you that Trilogy runs dives from Lanai. Trilogy, however, is more of a snorkel excursion company that does a little bit of scuba (mostly "discover scuba") on the side. I think Trilogy boats have the exclusive rights to use Manele Bay harbor facilities for scuba & snorkel activities.

You should also call Extended Horizons. They run real dive trips to Lanai from Mala Ramp in Lahaina. They might pick you up at Manele Bay (Lanai) on their way to Lanai dive sites, but IIRC there are some restrictions and/or fees on doing this.

I recommend that you post this question on the Hawaii board -- I'm sure you'll get plenty of tips there. Lanai has some very well-known and popular dive sites, such as the Cathedrals. Cheers!

pigletfish:
I recommend that you post this question on the Hawaii board -- I'm sure you'll get plenty of tips there. Lanai has some very well-known and popular dive sites, such as the Cathedrals. Cheers!

I suppose you are right....thanks for pointing me in the right direction...I didn't know there was a board specific to hawaii...

thanks again!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom