Spanish Rock on Saturday, Alhambra on Sunday - Gills are officially dried up now

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Virus]FSLR2[

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Plans for this weekend:

Meeting with Brewone0to on Saturday to dive Spanish Rocks

Find a campground down there somewhere (anyone have suggestions that are close)

Diving Alhambra for Sunday

Anyone else up for some of this? Walter, you up for it? I'd like to dive with you again, and maybe see how it's really done. I've been down once, and came back with over 100 teeth :) but no megs... :(

Virus]FSLR2[:
Plans for this weekend:
Meeting with Brewone0to on Saturday to dive Spanish Rocks
Have fun with the weekend, just a word of warning on finding Spanish Rocks, the first reef line was covered way back when i tried to find if in april. A beach replenishment scheme had covered it up, now of course with the recent storms, who knows if it is even more/less covered? We swam out for ages and didnt find the second reef line even going by the book directions. Other spots in case are the Sugar Barge/Regina or Third Pier down the road, ask at Seatrek if you like. Give us a report if you can on what you find.

Simbrooks, Thx for the information

Walter, sorry I missed you again.

Anyone have information about camping down there?

I found this http://www.campvenice.com/ and aside from having a waterfront site off the Myakka River (read easy access for alligators to come eat camper-burritos) which sounds pleasant enough, I'm not crazy about spending $32 for a campsite but it beats $89 for a hotel room, and it's pretty close to Alhambra. It's all the way down on the east end of Venice Ave, which if I remember was less than 10 miles away.

Anyway, anyone else diving Alhambra this weekend?

Anyone else going to be at Venice this weekend?

Virus]FSLR2[:
Anyone else going to be at Venice this weekend?

Weather looks ok, but wind from the NE at around 10 or so...

Not having alot of experience down there, how does that make things. I have been there when the wind is straight offshore, and straight onshore, but never NE.

And now that the dive for next weekend is scheduled for Ginnie again instead of Manatee Springs... Hrmmm... Decisions Decisions...

Count me in for Alhambra on Sunday

I should be able to make it on Sunday morning. Where would I meet you (lifeguard stand, gate in a fence, by the palm tree)?

Joe

Since this is my first trip to Venice, I don't want to get there and have there be the wrong place. I read the directions but am thinking that there may be landmarks to help me find you guys. Maybe it is such a small place that I won't miss whomever is there.

Joe

I'm not going to be there on Sunday after all, I'm going for a boat dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom