Dive Master Classes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Chairman

Chairman of the Board
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
will be started at St Andrew's Presbyterian Church on Wednesdays @4:00 pm (one week from today) till 5:00 and will meet weekly until we finish. Dives will be planned during class time. All are welcome and the price of the class will be $20.00 plus expenses. PM me for additional details, or ask right here.

"the price of the class will be $20.00 plus expenses."

Where were you when I was taking my DM classes?!!!

Probably Orlando! :D

FWIW, my classes always exceed the minimum requirements needed for both academic knowledge and Diving skill. The ScubaDucks (www.ScubaDucks.com) are my "core students" and they decided on this since most are now approaching 18. It's always more about the learning than the card... but I like it that way! :wink:

Can we take the non-cert workshop type of course? Personally i dont want to have the liability, but any skills or extra knowledge is surely useful. Do you still need rescue as a pre-req?

My classes are always open. You won't need rescue if you are doing this JUST for the knowledge/skill.

I can offer another Rescue Diver course later this year... and I hope to do an advanced Rescue Diver in February.

Good to hear i dont have to have that other cert - i just havent gotten around to it so far, however years as a lifeguard should at least give me a headstart :wink:

Are you thinking pool work and dives on weekends or some other evening? What are you thinking additional expenses might be, books required, dives required?

I will tell my boss today about leaving for a "class" early on wednesdays. I am actually wondering if i should try to do this as a cert or not, cant hurt i guess and will try to get rescue done before this course is finished.

We can get your rescue done at the same time.

There are books, but the information is out on the internet already.

We will be doing dives on weekends and our first will be a "Duck Dive".

Any chance of a rough schedule - my weekends fill up fast with courses, other dives and general life?

Still interested, and you say we can get most of the course material online - will have to make use of the printer i feel :wink:

Schedule is determined in class... with everyone's input.

Many of your dives will be "independant study". I won't need to be there and you can incorporate them into your normal diving regimen.

NetDoc:
Schedule is determined in class... with everyone's input.

Many of your dives will be "independant study". I won't need to be there and you can incorporate them into your normal diving regimen.
Sounds like a plan, sorry for all the questions - just trying to get a feel for how it is all organised. See you tuesday night at the M&G and then wednesday for this...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom