2Nite, Night Wreck Dive, Wed 10/20, Pompano

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mempilot

Contributor
Reaction score
Tonight, Oct 20th

We are looking for at least 2 more divers to do a night wreck dive out of Pompano. We're scheduled to to go out with South Florida Diving Headquarters at 7:00pm. We can call the wreck and whether we do 1 or 2 tanks. PM me or call SFDH at 954-783-2299 to reserve your spot. It will be an AOW dive, nothing more, nothing less.

mempilot

Come on folks, who's with us? How often do you get the chance to do a night dive, deside which wreck we dive and wether we do one or two dives? This could be fun if we could get a few of the Conch Divers together.

Just saw this, too bad...oh well...
Trip report please...:wink:

Dive cancled due to lack of divers. No one could or would go so we're doing the RSB-1 in the AM with the same shop if anyone's interested.

Padipro:
Dive cancled due to lack of divers. No one could or would go so we're doing the RSB-1 in the AM with the same shop if anyone's interested.
I wish I could have made it, Scott. The last trip was really #%@^ing great (lol). At least I KNOW where South Florida docks are.

A bit more notice is required for some of us to make it down that way :wink:

Sorry about the late notice guys but that's kind of the way things go. You never know exactly what shop is going and then what site they plan on diving. We just found out the day before that they were doing a night dive and were only interested because they were going to do a wreck.

As for it being during the week it's always going to be that way with me and most of the time with Mempilot as well as we both work some strange hours. I work nights and weekends all the time and have Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thrusdays off, Mem works even stranger hours as he flys so sometimes he's in town for a week and others he's out of town for weeks. We just go whenever we can and it's usually at the last minute. I guess that's why we usually dive with eachother and have a hard time finding others that can go.

If we have more notice next time we'll deffinately try to let you know.

The dive today was great, a little current but otherwise nice and flat. We ended up doing the Capt Dan instead of the RSB-1. It's a 175 foot CG Tender sitting in 110 FSW.

We dropped a few divers on the reef before we tied off to the wreck so we had some time to enjoy the beautiful weather. Water temp was about 82 or so on the surface and 80 at depth so it's still very comfortable. Mempilot and I dropped in and decended along the line, the wreck came into view at about 60 to 65 feet. The vis wasn't very good but that didn't matter as we planned on staying inside the wreck most of the dive. We dropped into the forward cargo hold and headed aft down a small passage way looking into verious rooms as we went. It got tight in a few areas, mainly when passing through doorways. Wearing doubles and slinging a 40 cuft deco bottle is alot of equipment to get through a small opening and I had to turn on my side several times to make it through. We headed up a little out of the aft hold and then forward along the outside. The current was smoken by now so we headed back inside another hallway and back aft checking out more rooms along this passage as well. It was nice and calm inside so it was easy to move along and stop to look at something.

With a 25 minute bottom time and 5 minutes of deco time showing on my computer we began our ascent. We stopped for one minute at about 50 feet and then I switched to O2 at 20 feet to complete my deco. We were out of the water and back on the boat at about 36 minutes. It was a nice short dive with great penetration. This is a good wreck for everyone AOW and up. It's an advanced dive only because of the depth. Most of the wreck is wide open and only a little narrow if wearing doubles and a big wing.

Hopefully we can all get together sometime soon and do a meet and dive trip. Until then stay safe and keep blowing them bubbles.

Thanks for the report

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom