Going to florida, need some help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I leave for Duck Key in 3 weeks. I was just wondering if anyone could give me an estimate on water temps so I know what exposure suit to pack?

Also, If anyone has ever dove the wreck RV Thunderbolt, could you tell me if it is penetratable(if thats even a word)

Thanks.

The water temperature is dropping from its high in August of 86 on the surface. It should be below 80 by the time you are here but not quite to 75 yet. Depending on depth, bottom temperatures in the low 70s are typical but it can get to as low as the low 60s.

The Thunderbolt does have some pentration in the wheelhouse and forward. It is not like there are several levels or anything to complicated.

ScubaDadMiami:
The water temperature is dropping from its high in August of 86 on the surface. It should be below 80 by the time you are here but not quite to 75 yet. Depending on depth, bottom temperatures in the low 70s are typical but it can get to as low as the low 60s.

The Thunderbolt does have some pentration in the wheelhouse and forward. It is not like there are several levels or anything to complicated.

Is a reel necessary for this wreck?

A reel is neccesary ONLY if you can and choose to penetrate it. Most divers are ill prepared to use one properly.

I was just on the T-Bolt last month and if you find a DR-real with about 150' of line reeled off wind it up and consider it your B-day present..!!! I found a better way out.
I will be on the Ghost Fleet this weekend in the keys and will report on the water temps. and conditions monday.

Mike.

Do be careful taking a reel though... it might be someone's lifeline. I would pass on it my self, just in case it's NOT his.

NetDoc:
A reel is neccesary ONLY if you can and choose to penetrate it. Most divers are ill prepared to use one properly.

Im certified/prepared to use a reel in a wreck. I was just wondering if the wreck was open enough to go far enough in to need a reel.

dagodiver:
I was just on the T-Bolt last month and if you find a DR-real with about 150' of line reeled off wind it up and consider it your B-day present..!!! I found a better way out.
I will be on the Ghost Fleet this weekend in the keys and will report on the water temps. and conditions monday.

Mike.
Thanks... ill keep my eye out for your reports on the wreck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom