bent my vytec

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wedivebc

CCR Instructor Trainer
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
My computer got bent yesterday. Rookie mistake, I set it to air mode instead of nitrox so when I got to 70' to switch to 50% mix the computer didn't switch. No problem I was using VPM anyways so I just ignored the ceiling info. Now the manual says it's in permanent error mode.
Anyone know how to reset my computer or will it reset after a period of time?

Didn't know you could set multiple gasses on that thing, nice............

ShakaZulu:
Didn't know you could set multiple gasses on that thing, nice............
It does three mixes 21-99% just doesn't seem to switch from air mode during the dive.

wedivebc:
My computer got bent yesterday. Rookie mistake, I set it to air mode instead of nitrox so when I got to 70' to switch to 50% mix the computer didn't switch. No problem I was using VPM anyways so I just ignored the ceiling info. Now the manual says it's in permanent error mode.
Anyone know how to reset my computer or will it reset after a period of time?

It will unlock after 48 hours or you can remove battery (i.e. battery contact) for a second.

Quite a few people keep Suuntos in Nitrox mode all the time and just dive air as 21%.

Snowbear:
Yep, it will reset in a day or two.

I find it's impossible to "bend" my Vyper these days, no matter what gas I happen to be breathing :wink:
220fsw 15min using 50% deco gas . 60 min total run time VPM B conservatism +1
vytec set to air and told me I had 25 min of deco to do when I surfaced.
Couldn't go into nitrox mode because the beeping would drive me nuts. I should have used gauge mode.

I have an old Zeagle status 2 that I used before switching to a plain bottom timer and it never locks up. It will tell you that you're dead but it keeps on working. LOL

Back
Top Bottom